I live in the UK and ive just ordered a creative zen vision m 60gb player from the usa, and id like to know if I bought a UK power adaper would it work with the zen, because it is from the usa and im not sure because over there the power consumption is different or something...

basically will a UK charger work on a player from the US?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
it should do. the charger will be the thing to change the voltage to the right amount so it should be the same current + voltage by the time the electricity gets to the battery.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
right, thanks a lot guys, found an official one on ebay, think i'll get it
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
You'll be fine. All those chargers will have the same output going to the player, they just have different ones for different wall socket currents in different countries. No worries.
Dude you don't need to buy another one.
The one you have will work just fine if it matches up with the voltage which you get. If it doesn't then you'll just need an adapter to change the current.
For example, if your adapter is marked as 110 V and you get 220V then you'll need an adapter for changing 220V to110V and vice versa.
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
when i bought a creative mp3 player from usa they sent a charger with a converter to uk plugs with it, so u might not neccissarily need 2 buy one seperately, i dont know though, that was one of the older 40gb creative jukebox thingys.
Quote by siddyjain
Dude you don't need to buy another one.
The one you have will work just fine if it matches up with the voltage which you get. If it doesn't then you'll just need an adapter to change the current.
For example, if your adapter is marked as 110 V and you get 220V then you'll need an adapter for changing 220V to110V and vice versa.

Just a quick guess: are you an american who has never made it past the state line? 99% of simple socket adaptors do not alter voltage/current one iota. We here in the UK have completely different wall sockets, you muppet. RTFQ.
Quote by C_Turton
Just a quick guess: are you an american who has never made it past the state line? 99% of simple socket adaptors do not alter voltage/current one iota. We here in the UK have completely different wall sockets, you muppet. RTFQ.

A. I'm in India. I have no clue whatsoever on what's available in the UK or US.
B. On a little googling you'll find this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/45W-USA-UK-Voltage-Converter/dp/B0007VZ6W4
Which is precisely what you need.
C. You douche.
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
Quote by siddyjain
A. I'm in India. I have no clue whatsoever on what's available in the UK or US.
B. On a little googling you'll find this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/45W-USA-UK-Voltage-Converter/dp/B0007VZ6W4
Which is precisely what you need.
C. You douche.

Yeah, ok, but that's not what he was asking. He specifically asked if a UK charger would work. If you're not gonna answer his question then it won't help him much.
charge it by USB. much better :P

anyway, you WILL need to buy a UK adaptor, because the US have 110V and the UK have 220V (well, 240ish). and we have different wall adaptors of course. but the official brit charger WILL work with it.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.