You know when i started playin guitar I thought Posers were the last thing I'd See. It turns out there are tuns of them.An example In my classes two years ago there this kid who wanted to play guitar like me and the lead guitarist in our band.We both started with brain stew.So he begged his Aunt for his acoustic.two years later i see him play and all he can play is brain stew and what does he do?Play it for 2 hours. Then this guy who is left handed who plays as a hobbie trys and play and is having a hard time and tells the left handed guy he sucks! Does anyone else have to deal with people like this?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Don't really have to deal with them, but it does annoy me when I hear of people like that, they forget where they came from.....no-one is born able to play guitar.....you should show that guy some Vai & Satch stuff and watch him cry.....just to put him in his place
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
when he tries to impress everyone around come up, shred the hell outta him and leave him there lookin dumb
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
when hes calling the other guy crap just say to him "what else can you play apart from brain stew". then when he replies just say to him stfu n00b! or you know you could just just tell him to lay off.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by the_extremist00
when he tries to impress everyone around come up, shred the hell outta him and leave him there lookin dumb

hence what i said about the vai/satch thing lol.....its brilliant showing people up who go around talking big saying they are amazing.....really brings them back down to earth and admit they arnt as good as they say, well, that or they just go bright red
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
There's people like this everywhere, just ignore them. Don't lower yourself to their level.

Quote by SurfinWithSatch
hence what i said about the vai/satch thing lol.....its brilliant showing people up who go around talking big saying they are amazing.....really brings them back down to earth and admit they arnt as good as they say, well, that or they just go bright red

No it won't, this isn't the movies, people in real life have pride. Chances are, you will just anger him and you'll have to deal with whatever that entales. It's really not worth it.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Jan 8, 2007,
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Don't really have to deal with them, but it does annoy me when I hear of people like that, they forget where they came from.....no-one is born able to play guitar.....you should show that guy some Vai & Satch stuff and watch him cry.....just to put him in his place

yeah problem is didnt have my guitar and his acoustic was pretty much out a tune he was only playing it on the first string.I think You guys forgot what this topic is about do you have to deal with them to?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
everyone has to
its just the way you do it
once a guy took his electric to school and started playing there something really crappy. me and a frined of mine stood the "wtf is he trying to do?", we went there,asked if we could try a bit, my friend played "arpegios from hell" passed it to me "far beyond the sun" intro
when he picked it up he put it away and turned the amp off
\o/
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
not rly. I don't know many posers but if I do have to deal with them I try to take the higher ground and humiliate them at the same time. Like in this situation you could try to teach the guy whos havin a hard time somethin impressive (or at least better than brainstew) an then if the other guy can get it it makes you look good an it makes the other guy look like a tit in front of everyone else.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I know, its fun isnt it.

only jokin.

If you can help someone and amuse yourself at the same time then why not

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I know, its fun isnt it.

only jokin.

If you can help someone and amuse yourself at the same time then why not

Amen
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Using your "skills" as a guitar player just to prove that you're better than another player is not helping them out any. Now, if you actually sit down with them and teach them something, that's different. Simply running up and showing them up...that right there is a prime example of everything that's going wrong in the guitar playing community. "I'm better than you!!! I have a better guitar than you!!"...WHO THE HELL CARES!!!!

You have the right to walk away out of ear shot...so if it bugs you that much, that's how you can "deal" with it.
I agree. using your 'skills' to show someone up is wrong. but if someones runnin there mouth off at someone who doesnt deserve it then why not step in? but dont do it in an obnoxious way cos that WILL make YOU look stupid.

Quote by element4433
there are many possers at my school, but i've never cared, instead, i play with them to have fun and to teach them some things
You should try to help these people get better... Now if there ass holes... Just tell him to stick with guitar hero...
Yeap there are posers on my school...
I just don't mind them... (anyways we're better than them are we?)
so just sit tight and just bear with them a little... (that's what I do)
If you're suprised to find guitar poseurs... Then you're a poseur yourself.

Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar.
Or alternatively...
Son Of Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by zeroconsequence
Ya'll are dumb.
Upstaging a poser is like booing at the special olympics.

posers aren't mentally challenged. They usually say that to act cool and shit like that then once they get showed up they shut up. Next time make an analogy that works.
Do you think people participating at special olympics brag about being awesome at whatever they do?
If you know what I mean
i agree with alot of statements i dont think you should go out and say im better than you or talk up your gear, i give lessons on a beatup takamine that was maybe $300 new, but i think it shows the kids that if i can play on a beatup pile of crap so can they, but at the same time, if some kid comes in the shop claims hes better than everyone and starts talking himself to the end of the world, we'll plug in and play stuff hes A never heard or B cant play because he hasnt been at it that long, but after the fact if they want to learn ill show them stuff and sway them to sign up for lessons
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Lol...
This reminds me of when one of my friends came over after he said he could play eruption. Of course he couldn't do it so I tried to be nice and said "Try something easier, how about Smoke On The Water?" He couldnt even play that!!
Honestly I could have given my dog my guitar and it would be able to play better...
Six simple words to say to him:

"You're playing Green Day. 'Nuff said."
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Who cares? They could be slow learners but truly love their instruments. At least they have a shot at passing English class.

Also, these "posers" may just be lost souls looking for an idol. If you do not suck shit, then maybe you could have some friends that really respect you.