Wasnt sure if this went here or in Tab Talk so I apologise if its in the wrong area.

Ive been playing for a couple of months on electric and 2/3 months on acoustic before that and I really wanted to learn a solo now that Ive got an electric. So I learnt Knockin on Heavens Doors (1st solo) and I wanted to learn November Rain. I can get up to this part of the solo but I have no idea how to play this.

All help would be appreciated.
You need to slide down, and only pick once, I think

Eg, you fret 19, pick, and slide down to 17...

Do you know what I mean?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
the sideways parenthesis hooking notes together is a hammer on and the dash is a slide, so what you do is play the note on the 19th fret and slide up to the 17th, don't pick the string again
oh and for the 12 13 12 part you don't slide, you do a hammer on from 12 then hit the 13 then pull off for the 12 again so just put your index on 12, hit the string, hit the 13 with your middle then pull it back off leaving the index on the 12th
dammit i really should have just done quick reply so i could look at the whole thing haha, the squiggly line over the 13th is a vibrato and you hold the note and just kinda shake your finger to bend the string up and down... you understand?
Yeh I got the vibrato and the hammer on part, I just didnt know if the sliding was actually meant to be pull offs cos they usually have that sideways bracket kinda thing over them as well...dont they?

Thanks for the help, it still doesnt sound anything like what it sounds like on Guitar Pro, but I'll keep it at it lol.

Oh and now that Ive actually made a thread, could someone explain the difference between single cut away and double cutaway and what it actually means to the sound/feel of the guitar?

Thanks again.
ok here you go

on the first section with the 19/17 what you are doing here is hitting the 19 and sliding down to 17 and doing this in one fluid motion, the slide itself is counting as the beat, then hit the 17, then hit the 17 again and slide it down counting again the slide as the beat. the 12-13-12 linked by the ellipse over it is a hammer on and pull off.
Quote by z4twenny
ok here you go

on the first section with the 19/17 what you are doing here is hitting the 19 and sliding down to 17 and doing this in one fluid motion, the slide itself is counting as the beat, then hit the 17, then hit the 17 again and slide it down counting again the slide as the beat. the 12-13-12 linked by the ellipse over it is a hammer on and pull off.
That really helped thanks.