Ok, this is a quick one...

So basically if you go to the 6th degree of a major scale you get its relative minor, right?
So suppose I have a major barre at the 3rd fret, E string (doesn't matter what chord it is, you'll get my point). And we know that the 5th fret on the A string is its 5th (because of power chords). Then we move that chord to the 7th fret to get to the major 6th interval - and voila! We get that initial chord's (3rd fret, E string) relative minor.

Now basically the question is: am I right? :-/
for rent
the relative minor of a chord is three frets down from it.... so the E at the 7th fret of the A string would have a relative minor of C# and so on for the other chords, and vice versa, the relative major is three frets up from the starting chord. Hope that answers your question... probably doesnt though...
this is my sig. there are many like it, but this is mine.

Brown Sugar
very well done, in the case u stated above the relative minor of G major would be E minor
Quote by Gakusey
Ok, this is a quick one...

So basically if you go to the 6th degree of a major scale you get its relative minor, right?
So suppose I have a major barre at the 3rd fret, E string (doesn't matter what chord it is, you'll get my point). And we know that the 5th fret on the A string is its 5th (because of power chords). Then we move that chord to the 7th fret to get to the major 6th interval - and voila! We get that initial chord's (3rd fret, E string) relative minor.

Now basically the question is: am I right? :-/

Yes, you are right.

The first reply you got was stating that say you barre 3rd fret on the E string, you could also find the relative minor by counting three frets down (3 - 3 = 0). This means that if you play G Major, E is your relative minor.

Both ways are correct.