What do you guys think,if I play metal with my Jackson KE3 Kelly,should I changed it's Seymour Duncans (JB TB-4 and Jazz SH-2N) for two EMGs HZ4(Passive pick-ups).
do a search...... but uh..... 80's metal sound were mostly EMG's. I'd go with the Duncan's in a heart beat. ZEBRA COILS
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
do a search...... but uh..... 80's metal sound were mostly EMG's. I'd go with the Duncan's in a heart beat. ZEBRA COILS

????
The sound of 80's metal is the Dimarzio Super Distortion - EMG actives are more a 90's thing.

EMG's HZ's are ok if you get them stock, but aren't really worth considering as an upgrade - there's better things out there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
EMG's passive line isnt much to speak of, IMO. The JB is always a good choice for pretty much any kind of music. I would go with the JB.
Quote by steven seagull
????
The sound of 80's metal is the Dimarzio Super Distortion - EMG actives are more a 90's thing.

EMG's HZ's are ok if you get them stock, but aren't really worth considering as an upgrade - there's better things out there.

yeah, i'd say going HZ from duncans is a step back, if anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For EMGs, definately an 81 in the bridge and 60/85/89 in the neck.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Quote by pierce34celtic
If you're going to go the EMG route, I'd go for an 85 in the bridge, and maybe an 89 in the neck

definitely the 85 in the bridge, it's an alder guitar!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?