Okay my brother got a bass for christmas, it worked fine untill a few days ago when he said the volume kept cutting out when he was playing...
So I checked the amp, the cables and everything and they all seem to be working.
Move on to the bass and the volume pot is loose, so I tighten it up by hand and it doesn't work at all, loosen it a little and it starts working again...what could the problem be?
could be the jack if its cutting out also, is this thing brand new or used?...id take it back if its new
battery in the back?

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Quote by Smurf Pants
could be the jack if its cutting out also, is this thing brand new or used?...id take it back if its new
Brand new, its not the jack i dont think.
Its a Reynolds bass if that helps any....
If the volume pot was spinning past it's stop point, the leads may have been ripped of the pot. A soldering iron would fix it up real quick, but if you don't have one take it back to the shop that you bought it from and they may fix it on the spot.
Quote by Hamm
If the volume pot was spinning past it's stop point, the leads may have been ripped of the pot. A soldering iron would fix it up real quick, but if you don't have one take it back to the shop that you bought it from and they may fix it on the spot.

Yep thats what it was, took it up to the shop and they fixed it for us.
thanks everyone.