Hi,

Right I have an AVT275 amp, which I would love to get rid of. I find no mater what I do my amp sounds too processed or treble heavy, I have tried rolling the treble back and it still sounds lame.

Is there any pedal that would help me tap into a better lead tone for soloing, or is it really just time to get rid of the amp. I play with both a strat and an epi lp and I can't decide what to do.
Why not just sell it? Chances are that if you're unhappy with it's sound and tried loads of things, that you won't find something that'll magically make it better.

Sell it and save up some cash and get a decent valve amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You should be able to sell that easily to some nOOb guitarist and get a good price!!! lol
Then get yourself a nice tube!!
Ok, so I get rid of it, I play rock, metal, indie etc. Can you name me a decent tube amp for around £400 (800USD) that would be perhaps lower in wattage, but much better in terms of quality of sound and richness of tone
Since you're on that side of the pond, check out some Laneys
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Marshall DSL401, Marshall JCM900 combo (used)

But you haven't said what sounds you're lookin' for.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Well metallica, sabbath, purple, maiden, COB, type of stuff, but I also love to just strum out chords on a nice clean tone as well.

I have heard a lot about Laney, but am not sure which models to look at and they always seem a lot cheaper for what you get than a marshall. i played the DSL 401 once and it sounded great with a pacifica, any suggestions
yeah, its hard to try out tube amps unless you can crank them up! I think a Dsl would be nice for you! since you played it and liked it! thats what matters like!!