I like it, though it sounds a little thin to me. I personally might try it with a second guitar doubling it and turn up the bass volume just a little bit.
1. eh what you do with the vocals doesn't work.

2. Remember that everything you do is an appeal to the listener... the loud crashing sound when that first guitar comes it and the fact that it doesn't go away for awhile is not a good start to the song... maybe lower the volume on that portion and just have it surround more.

3. mostly not bad... the way the vocals are presented seem to ruin the presentation.
Quote by silentdud
1. eh what you do with the vocals doesn't work.

2. Remember that everything you do is an appeal to the listener... the loud crashing sound when that first guitar comes it and the fact that it doesn't go away for awhile is not a good start to the song... maybe lower the volume on that portion and just have it surround more.

3. mostly not bad... the way the vocals are presented seem to ruin the presentation.

i see. so because you like out of time acoustic music with emo lyrics, you think that distorted guitar is bad. i love how people give you bad crits if you actually crit their song. it would be so favorable if i just said to every one, "dude your stuff is th3 pownage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolzzzz"
Too cool for a signature.
I liked the guitar part myself, it's just some weird noise in the background that annoys me, sound kinda like a keyboard or somethin.
Quote by chrisatgrace
i see. so because you like out of time acoustic music with emo lyrics, you think that distorted guitar is bad. i love how people give you bad crits if you actually crit their song. it would be so favorable if i just said to every one, "dude your stuff is th3 pownage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolzzzz"

I don't think that distorted guitar I just think your distorted guitar and heavy effects are aiming to cover up the vocals and to thicken a weak and poorly phrased single riff. The crashing and clipping guitar are pretty much an insult to rock if that is what you are implying I don't like.

just take it and don't take it offensively I find it insulting that you need to blame me. you know what I said was true and it hit home. fix it don't point fingers... it takes a small man to point a finger. I gave you a very good and thought out critique so have some balls.

edit: I reread your post and noticed how rude it was. I was going to say something like "I could put you to shame on electric guitar" but I think your recording pretty much speaks for itself.
Last edited by silentdud at Jan 8, 2007,
i see, which is why you cant play acoustic well. right.......................
This genre not to my liking but if you were going for a pop sound then it definitely did the job well. The vocals were just weak in my opinion, too much ornamenting, lacking foundation.
btw, Jesus would kick your ass. im tempted to myself. God damn 06'ers
As a song, I like it.

However, I would personally change a lot of the effects. You first have a processed guitar tone with very little reverb that I notice, but the clean guitar and vocals sound like they're coming from somewhere else with all the reverb. I know that effects can sometimes be good, but this is a little too much for me.

Maybe try to find some happy medium where the reverb is higher on the rhythm but less on the vocals and other guitars.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
there is no reverb on vocals. those are all mulitrack type deals
It seems you are having a problems finding a genre that fits this song... During the guitar the drums were doing something funky... But Im not a drummer either. I liked the lead. This song reminds me of a punk song. Though I dont listen to punk.

Over all the sound quality was perfect, very original. Not my type of music, but it was certainly "funky fresh!" lol.
I like the little melodyriff you have there, and I think the vocals are a bit high, otherwise it's OK.

And maybe dropp the keyboard part with all the weard stuff? I think this can be a better song, but it's ok as I said

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502987 pls crit me!
It's easy to be a rock star, but a musician? jeeez..

Originally posted by Jag513
Don't worry, I like long tongues
No, I can't, but my ex could...she was really flexible. But yeah, it's not impossible to lick it, it's impossible to kiss it.
Quote by chrisatgrace
there is no reverb on vocals. those are all mulitrack type deals

That makes sense... I thought something was weird, like you had cut off the end of the reverb.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
It's not really my style, but it's pretty good for what you're going for. I got lost in all the sound around the middle, though.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Pretty good song, not really a fan of reggae type stuff, but the song structure is good.
Guitar tone seems thin or like overdistorted...either take off some distortion, or play on clean like mentioned earlier.

I liked the guitar riffs after the intro.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
i think the drums and the vocals where too loud. drop those a bit and it should be really good. my mind sort of blacked out the music in the middle though. i cant really tell you what you did wrong but yea i sort of just lost focus on it.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
i see how rude you were to a guy just because he gave honest critique and you don't like his genre

i am going to give an honest review, moment by moment of the song, starting with the sound of the beginning to every part

the electric guitar noise with distortion is very squeaky, you should have filtered that out or play with a cleaner technique with your left hand, it sounds very thin and brittle

the drums so far sound very machine-like, no feeling, should have programmed them better

the bass tone is very transparent, no low mids, no highs, no growl or snarl or thud or punch or rumble, just boom

at second 5 you play about half a second after the beat

at seconds 7 and 10 you hit an extra string, which is very noticeable

the lead guitar tone is very squeaky, very brittle, and everything else seems to be pushed back

vocals kicked in, they aren't really singing just talking, horrible effect, over powering, and off key, and barely understandable

at the chorus, everything just sounds cheesy to me, very squeaky still, the lead ( is that keyboards or another horrible guitar tone ) is so annoying

second verse is even squeakier, you need better technique or a filter

the solo would have been good if the tone want so annoying and i realized it was guitar lead and keyboard rhythm for the chorus ( i got the two confused earlier for a second )

over-all you had pretty bad technique for the rhythm, horrible guitar and keyboard tone, the bass and drums ( both of which i think were programmed ) were horrible, it was too hollow, the vocals were too loud and off key, and it was too monotonous ( musically and lyrically ) through out the entire song.

maybe you should accept some nicely put criticism from someone that doesn't like the same music you do before you get a real a--hole to review your music.

You suck, and don't chalk it up to me not knowing what I am talking about. Opeth, my favorite band, has many acoustic, electric, and keyboard sounds, clean and screamed/growled vocals, and use many different effects and tones. I listen to quite a bit of experimental or prog stuff like Rush, dream theater, etc. and I play quite a bit of prog metal, metalcore, and other genres of music.

you just have to accept that your song sucked, your sound and technique sucked, and you should probably go work on your playing for a few more months before trying to share your music, because nobody likes to hear a horrible guitarist play a horrible song.
This is bitchin'. Very original, I do have a few crits though. Obviously, the drums have to go, you could benefit greatly from puting a band together and getting a serious drummer. The machine drives me nuts. The vocals sound pretty good. Although, I would say less effects. Its just a little too much. The guitar work is great. Simple, but fun. 6/10

give mine a crit when you get the chance:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506892