i have a fender deluxe 112 (think 112 frontman II.. only like 15 years older and US made) and i was wondering some options for the speaker. as far as i know, the speaker in the amp is also 65 watts. i also own a celestion something or another (from an old line 6 spider II) which i think is 80 watts. now to the question. does anyone know what speaker choice would be better for my amp? i know the celestion has more output handling, but there are less ridges on the cone of the amp as the fender.. does this mean anything? plus the magnet on the celestion is significantly larger than the one on the fender, how does this effect the sound? anything else you may know will greatly be appreciated
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Custom P Bass (in the works)
Fender Rumble 100
pop the celestion in and see as long as they are the same size (12" im assuming) it should work ok. But i find that fenders sound really great with celesiton greenbacks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
pop the celestion in and see as long as they are the same size (12" im assuming) it should work ok. But i find that fenders sound really great with celesiton greenbacks.

yes both speakers are 12 inches. but does anyone know what the ridges inside the cone are for? like on the paper cone theres little ridges. do those effect the quality of the sound?
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Custom P Bass (in the works)
Fender Rumble 100