Ok, so I live in an apartment, and the inspiration to record a song usually comes in the wee hours of the night/morning, so miccing my amps isn't practical. I've been using this setup for the past two years or so: Microcube>EQ>Line-in on soundcard.

I'm getting a little bored with the tones the Microcube has available, and I'm looking into getting some serious recording gear. All I've really considered are the Line 6 Toneport and POD 2.0. I don't think my computer (256mb ddr, 1.72ghz AMD something) is capable of running the Toneport, however. Any suggestions?
check about the toneport , but any kind of POD will do well for recording(if you can, get the PODXT, but the 2.0 is good too)

EDIT: system requirements of the toneport

WINDOWS®

• Pentium® 4 1.2GHz or better (2.5Ghz or more recommended)
• Windows® XP (with SP2 only)
• 512MB RAM minimum (1GB or more recommended)
• 1GB free HD space minimum (10GB or more recommended for recording)
• Drive speed 5400rpm minimum (7200rpm or faster recommended)
• CD-ROM drive
• Internet connection for online features

MACINTOSH®

• Intel® or Power PC® based G4 1.25GHz or better (G4 1.67 or better recommended)
• OS X 10.4 or better
• 512MB RAM minimum (1GB or more recommended)
• 1GB free HD space minimum (10GB or more recommended for recording)
• Drive speed 5400rpm minimum (7200rpm or faster recommended)
• CD-ROM drive
• Internet connection for online features

USB

• One free USB 1.1 or 2.0 compatible port on computer (USB hubs are not supported)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Last edited by fire within at Jan 8, 2007,
The TonePort is one kickass little piece of equipment, and I highly recommend it. I only have the Guitar Port, but Toneport is essentially the Guitar Port with some extra options (XLR mic inputs, vocal preamp models, bass amp models). If I didn't have the 10-input pro sound card and external 24 channel mixer, I'd probably be using a Toneport UX-2 for all my home recording projects.

Your computer's CPU should be able to handle the workload from the TonePort. If it's an older computer (about 4 years old if it originally came with 256 MB RAM ) and runnign at 1.7 GHz, it's most likely an AMD Althon XP 2200+. Even an an Althlon 1700+ (1.4 GHz) should be able to handle the load. However, I would strongly recommend that you upgrade your computer's RAM to at least 1 GB. Regardless of what recording app your using, you're shooting yourself in the foot, expecially if adding another device like a Toneport.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor