This forum is devoted to talking about your les pauls and any problems you have had with them
Gear:
Epi les paul custom white
Fender hot rod deluxe
Jimi Hendrix wah
EHX big muff pi
Boss DS-1
Monster cables
They're very nice guitars. I got an Epi Les Paul Custom in Ebony, and it's sweet. However, I hate going up high frets and having no trem because at the time I bought it, I was more into riffs and chords. It's still a damn nice guitar though.
Im buying a bigsby tremolo for mine
Gear:
Fender hot rod deluxe
Jimi Hendrix wah
EHX big muff pi
Boss DS-1
Monster cables
I had an '05 mahogany finish studio with chrome hardware. She had Burstbucker Pro pickups as well.... sounded like no other. I tell ya what though, my Singlecut (which is technically a Les Paul) is just as sweet, and twice the price!!!
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
i have an epi lp100 since im pretty low budget due to my lack of income . i have to say i was really surprised at the tone and looks of it, but now im wanting to get those stock pickups outta there since ive played much nicer gibson les pauls and seen the difference. other than the pickups not being quite as nice as id like them to be, i have no complaints about the guitar. its lightweight, inexpensive and sounds nice. highly recommend it.
ive got a les paul custom in ebony. ive had it for nearly a year now and ive noticed that when the body reflects off the light there are tons of little scratches. it couldnt have been caused by my picking as its all behind the bridge and stuff. how do i get rid of them??
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
Dunlop Formula 65 Wax and Polish^^

I own a Gibson Les Paul Custom Historic 2-pickup '57 Black Beauty reissue... and yes that was a long name, but I had to specify :P It pretty much rocks harder than most any other guitar I've played.

and yeah this thread's been done quite a few times, btw...
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
cheers mate!!
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
yeah it should do the trick.. i get some minor finish wear on my LP but after I use that stuff its good as new
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
My epiphone les paul custom has a bent neck and is seriously ****ed up in regards to fret buzz. I can't wait until i get a real gibson.. Dear god, i can't wait.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
Why don't you just get the neck adjusted?
Gear:
Fender hot rod deluxe
Jimi Hendrix wah
EHX big muff pi
Boss DS-1
Monster cables
I got a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus 04 in Cherry sunburst..which imo is the best colour to get them in..Im changing all the Cream stuff for black..should look beasty...Also gettin a Roland cube 60 soon and maybe some new pups for me LP maybe a pealy gates for the bridge..or JB
would be 'official les paul thread'
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I have only been playing guitar for about 4 months now, so I really don't know what I am talking about with gear. I have a 2001 Gibson Les Paul Custom. The finish is the brightest canary yellow I have ever seen. I have actually never seen another one in the same finish i have. I take private lessons, and my instructor said it was one of the nicest learner guitars he has ever seen. I bought it from a guy in a rock band, that said yellow was too bright of a color, so he sold it to me for a Ebony Custom.

What is the difference if any between a Gibson Les Paul and an Epiphone Les Paul? Sorry I am a noob and still learning.
Last edited by hooker72005 at Aug 21, 2007,
Quote by hooker72005
I have only been playing guitar for about 4 months now, so I really don't know what I am talking about with gear. I have a 2001 Gibson Les Paul Custom. The trim is the brightest canary yellow I have ever seen. I have actually never seen another one in the same finish i have. I take private lessons, and my instructor said it was one of the nicest learners guitar he has ever seen. I bought is from a guy in a rock band, that said yellow was too gay of a color, so he sold it to me for a Ebony Custom.

What is the difference if any between a Gibson Les Paul and an Epiphone Les Paul? Sorry I am a noob and still learning.

Epiphone's are affordable.

Anyway, does anyone know of any Les Paul's that don't have such a bassy, mid-filled sound? Love the feel and shape of LP's, but I can't seem to find a tone I like, even out of a Marshall AVT.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Epiphone's are affordable.

Anyway, does anyone know of any Les Paul's that don't have such a bassy, mid-filled sound? Love the feel and shape of LP's, but I can't seem to find a tone I like, even out of a Marshall AVT.

Your problems the AVT, not the LP. lol
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by hooker72005

Generally a considerable difference in the quality of the hardware and wood. You'd have to compare the same model to be fair, though (e.g. Gibson LP Custom vs. Epiphone LP Custom). Under normal circumstances, the Gibson LP would probably be more preferable compared to the Epiphone LP.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
Your problems the AVT, not the LP. lol

Really? I've also tried it through my Roland cube, and on either one my Ibanez sounds better, even for stuff like Zeppelin and the Who.
Dickless.
i have a epiphone les paul deluxe, and a gibson les paul special, excellent guitars