Ok this is about building one so I figured I might get more help here then in the GG&A forum.

After seeing Kerrys plexi build, I have been inspired to try one too. Not necessarily the same one Kerry built, but you get the idea.

I already have a VJ head so this will be a second amp. I was thinking about either the 18 watt Marshall style, the 36 watt variant (both of which would come from 18watt.com) or the AX-84 P-1 Xtreme.

I was looking to get yalls input on all of these and which one would be best. Im just looking to vary my sound a bit. Maybe get something geared more for 60' &70's classic rock.

What do yall think?
Well I have access to a PA system so smaller wattages are ok. In fact smaller wattages ar some what better since I could use it in home without pissing off neighbors.

Im only going off clips on the AX-84 site as to what they sound like, and their not too bad. They also have complete kits for their amps.

The 18 watters, Im going off Kerry's build, which sounds amazing. But I dont know if any place sells kits for those and for reasonably priced.

I plan on using the amp for some gigs, but primarily for just adding another amp with completely different sounds to my rig. But I preferably want something bluesy, so I dont know if a Marshall clone will be able to pull it off. Maybe a Fender clone?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Well I have access to a PA system so smaller wattages are ok. In fact smaller wattages ar some what better since I could use it in home without pissing off neighbors.

Im only going off clips on the AX-84 site as to what they sound like, and their not too bad. They also have complete kits for their amps.

The 18 watters, Im going off Kerry's build, which sounds amazing. But I dont know if any place sells kits for those and for reasonably priced.

I plan on using the amp for some gigs, but primarily for just adding another amp with completely different sounds to my rig. But I preferably want something bluesy, so I dont know if a Marshall clone will be able to pull it off. Maybe a Fender clone?

Bluesy? Probably not the Marshall.
Check this site out, that Pink showed me. http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/
Lots of Fender schematics.
Ho.....Ly.......Shit.

Thanks for that. I have always wanted to try building a 57 Twin but couldnt find a schematic. Thanks for the link. I really appreciate that one.