This is something I've been working on for a while now. It is probably my longest and most complex piece. It has a lot of harmonizing, key changes, tempo changes, some synth, acoustic interludes. etc. It even changes genre sometimes lol. Like from melodic metal to a mellow bluesy acoustic maybe even jazzy interlude, then back to heavy riffs, etc.

I put a lot of effort into this, I hope you guys like it

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=428192
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

pretty good. amazing distorted guitar. the first acoustic break was a little sketchy. the drums are kind of boring. i like the choir. the second acoustic break is good. the part at about 4:20 is really good. you should really get a vocalist and band. you guys would be sweet to see live.

crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500616
Too cool for a signature.
Great job. Lead guitar is absolutely amazing, and so is the bass. Drums are a bit repetitive though. Also, thats an awesome title. The chorus fits in really well but the part after the first breakdown seems a touch strange. I really like how you went from heavy to creepy acoustic and back.

Crit mine?

My DMusic
The recording itself doesn't do it much justice.

mostly power chords epic layered or whatever it sounds like it is epically compiled though.

I like it but I wouldn't listen to it merely for fun just because the quality of the recording isnt that great.

I hear allot of lost time during the improv's because you aren't controlling the melody as marty freedmen would say. it doesnt really get me going... good metal is like sex... sometimes when you are rocking out what people are hearing on the other end and sometimes you need to transist at the best parts and build back up to a crescendo.

hope what I said is useful.
here is a trick I learned from a producer... write out what you are doing in a list that way if you have to rerecord or want to change minor things it wont be a problem.
Last edited by silentdud at Jan 9, 2007,
Excellent song writing. I agree with silentdud, need to get control of the melody in some places. Although, maybe a vocalist would help with that. I like the multiple parts but you are good enough that we can expect more from you. I would expect a more creative way to drift in and out of these parts without doing the old cliche fade out everytime.

Also, the production is terrible. You can do better than that. Everything feels rushed to me. The drums, Bass feel thrown together. I can understand that too if you were trying to get this down into a pliable piece to work with.

I guess it all depends on what you're going for here with these recordings. Are you trying to do your best job at recording something to be fairly permanent eventually? Or are you just trying to capture your ideas and get them laid down?

If it's the latter, then I say great job, keep up the good work.

If it's the former, then you need to redirect your attention and focus to recording technique. The production is killing the interest. Mixing, too much layering, noisey...etc.

All fixable stuff. I'd love to take a shot at putting some vocals together for it. Especially that second acoustic progression. I love that kind of dark, yet beautiful passage.
the lead guitar is def great. it sounds like you are a guitarist first and foremost. im sure with some time and more effort you can make this a great track. still an enjoyable song since i did listen to the entire thing. normally i give up on tracks half way thru.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Sounds good, very good. I like the tone alot. Drums are boring. Acoustic owns. Keep it up.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Thanks for the crits guys!

As for the production quality, I know it's not that good. I have a choice, due to program restrictions, of either good tone and bad mixing or good mixing and bad tone. There is a way I could achieve both, but it's too time consuming and I don't have that much time.

The bass and drums are from guitar pro. Yea, thats as interesting as your gonna get with a drum machine.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

ahhh i was in love with your guitar pro tab of this, and to hear it recorded is excellent. nice job!