ok i have a marshall mg15dfx and as u no there crap, muddy tone and the rest... im not in a band so i dont need a big amp, what would be the amp to go for? or should i get a ibanez weeping demon wah wah that iv been wanting instead?. i hear the roland cubes are good, and also the vox amps, wats ur opinion on it?im into heavy metal, and i havnt got any cash atm but im gonna save, not something rediculusly priced tho. o ye and tube would be preferd as this is my quest to find the pefect tone!
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Last edited by rockon200 at Jan 8, 2007,
how much $ do you have to spend? what kinds of music will you be using it to play? do you want solid state, modeling, or tube? these kinds of things will help us out in suggesting stuff.
line 6 has some awesome stuff for not alot of cash the new spider 3's are supposed to be pretty awesome i have an hd147 and i'm lookin at the new spiders for a small practice amp. with line 6 you get a great range of sounds from pink floyd to killswitch engaged and everything in between. def. something to consider
ye soz iv edited it
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
any ideas?
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
if you're looking for tone over rediculous versatility, go with tube. if you're looking for under $400, try a Peavey Ultra Plus combo. they're basically the fathers of the XXX series of amps. lots of gain, good articulation, 3 channels, and under $400 on eBay. if you don't need the extra channels, their VTM series, and their Butcher amps should work well too. i used a Peavey Rockmaster/Classic 60 system for a long while and loved it--and it's essentially an Ultra Plus in rack form.

also, look at Sovtek Migs and the Carvin MTS series.
erm i had a look for them but i cant find any.. what the hell are the peavey ultra plus? a link would be much apreciated.
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Last edited by rockon200 at Jan 8, 2007,