1 1/2 steps down, so C#, F#, B, E, G#, C# or Db, Gb, C, F, Ab, Db (I think that's correct)

I'm just tryin to get a list of songs me and my friend can play together because I just tuned my guitar to that. Here is what I have so far:

Between The Buried And Me
Dark Tranquility
Nevermore (occasionally)
Protest The Hero
Children Of Bodom

That's about all i've got.
ive never seen those tunings b4 ever and children of bodom dont dun to that they usually do 2 steps down like most heavy bands do
most sabbath songs alice in chains also use this tuning and most of appatite for destruction is half step down
I have some tabs of them with that tuning. Maybe their just tabbed wrong.
well, you can play anything, you'll just play in another key... unless you wanna play along the real song, then you're screwed.
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Last edited by 666_Belial at Jan 8, 2007,
I mean one AND a half steps down. Not one OR half. Just to clarify.
Quote by YYZ
I have some tabs of them with that tuning. Maybe their just tabbed wrong.

maybe just certain songs they tune like that
Down use that tuning quite a lot...check out lifer
The way to a girls heart is through her ribcage
thats the stupidest tuning ever, now go use it to learn Pantera's 5 minutes alone.
down tune down one and a half steps
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
a perfect circle uses that tuning, but that might be a little mellow for what your looking for considering the bands you already listed. some chevelle songs are in that tuning also
i know Funeral For a Friend play in that tuning...anyone who says they dont is an idiot, a liar, or just plain doesnt know what theyre talking about. the tuning, to clarify for those who obviously dont know what the thread starter is on about, is drop c sharp (thats drop c up half a step)
^^+1
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Like someone just said, that's a standard tuning (I would call it Db Standard), so you can play anything, but for songs that are played using a different standard tuning, you won't be at the same pitch as the recording.
Quote by cheames
thats the stupidest tuning ever, now go use it to learn Pantera's 5 minutes alone.

How can a tuning be stupid? If you think like that you'll never be a good well rounded player.
Pantera use it however NOT for 5 minutes alone. Learn Floods instead best song in 1 and 1/2 steps down!! I researched this very tuning for a while after learning Floods (still can't get the solo right lol) and its normaly refered to as C# or 1 and 1/2 steps down.
Last edited by Dithindious at Jan 8, 2007,
seether and system of a downs newer stuff is in that tunning
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by Dithindious
Pantera use it however NOT for 5 minutes alone.

i would bet some one else's money that they did. thats the tuning i play it in, sounds perfect.

also, all the people who said it's a standard tuning are right, and all the people who think it's drop Db/C# should go eat eel pie.
So there's no more hardcore bands you guys know of? What tunign does All That Remains use?