hey i thought this was very interesting as i am interested in getting crazy sounds out of a guitar i thought some people might be interested in this, i am currently looking into making a guitar mod like this

Matt Bellamy uses this on his guitar, its a Korg Kaos touch pad

Information
Video
just get a midi guitar... the only one i've played was about 20 years old so it was really bad but i'm sure modern midi guitars have improved. Then you can use it with just about any synthesizer and get some pretty messed up sounds
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
i have an old midi guitar (casio) and i have a roland guitar synth pedal + pickup, but i want one of them too lol
yeah it was a casio i played... nice HSS strat like guitar (i think that casios were made from fender parts), but the midi has some nasty delay.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
"casio were made from fender parts", you got to be joking, look at the casio dg-10, dg-20... thats all original casio i dont know what kind of midi guitar you have my friend, if its a strat style, i have seen some of them, they are in no way connected to fender,
If you could do it without hacking all the way through the guitar it would be better. That would be great fun to muck around with and have at a gig.
yeah exactly, im looking into how its done at the moment i am hoping to pick up a cheap one on ebay to mess around with and learn more