Hi everyone... Right, to get straight to the point:

I want practice at mixing and mastering songs. The problem? I need tracks to mix! I've only had a chance to do that with my band's EP. The result was decent, but I need practice.

So, my question is: does anyone out there have any tracks they'd like mixed for free? I'd need original source tracks, preferably for individual instruments. Now, I know the paranoia bands have of having their music stolen (I know I would!), so what might make things easier is if you have any cover songs recorded, I'd like to have a bash at mixing them. (Original songs are cool, too, but as I said, I understand the unwillingness a band would have to give their own songs to a complete stranger.) I'd send you the finished product, and if you like it, do with it as you will, I don't care - no strings attached. If you don't like it, well, select the file and press the "delete" key...

If you're interested, reply here or send me a PM. I know this is a long shot, but it's worth a try...
I'll let you practice on mine.. but don't think I'm going to use your final result for my demo! I have some songs you can have fun with. One of them has the instrumentation of lead vox, guitar, bass, drums, a rubber maid box, a bottle, and a Glockenspiel.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Dutch_Apples, that's awesome! I'll send you a PM in a sec...

kevinw, I use Adobe Audition 2.0 for mixing/editing and Ozone iZotope for mastering...