Hi everyone... Right, to get straight to the point:

I want practice at mixing and mastering songs. The problem? I need tracks to mix! I've only had a chance to do that with my band's EP. The result was decent, but I need practice.

So, my question is: does anyone out there have any tracks they'd like mixed for free? I'd need original source tracks, preferably for individual instruments. Now, I know the paranoia bands have of having their music stolen (I know I would!), so what might make things easier is if you have any cover songs recorded, I'd like to have a bash at mixing them. (Original songs are cool, too, but as I said, I understand the unwillingness a band would have to give their own songs to a complete stranger.) I'd send you the finished product, and if you like it, do with it as you will, I don't care - no strings attached. If you don't like it, well, select the file and press the "delete" key...

If you're interested, reply here or send me a PM. I know this is a long shot, but it's worth a try...
Cool...

know how to make black metal sound?
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
what software is it you have? i made a wee cover of when your heart stops beating to try my new amp out and made the drums in fruity loops. i then imported this into adobe audition and recorded over that. you could mess about with that if you wish
JCShark, I guess the best that can (practically) done over the internet is high-quality MP3s (between 128 and 192 kbps), so that's the format I'd be looking to get it in.

tarem, I have no f***in' idea, but I'd love to give it a shot. Variety is always a good thing!

pa182, that's cool, but I've already received a couple of more complex songs to mess around with, and I'd prefer instruments that were actually recorded, i.e. not Fruity Loops. Thanks anyway!