Hi, Im looking into getting a decent set of headphones to plug into my Marshall AVT-100 combo amp and play my guitar. Originally I was worried about the wire and bought myself a nice wireless Sennheiser headphone that was EXTREMELY dissapointing and basically unusable so I am happy to look at one with a wire.

Is there any suggestions at what to look at, obviously I don't fancy getting another set of sennheisers since the letdown last time
i uno. headphones just dont cut it with any amp for me. i use behringer xps2000or sumthgin lei that 455 bucsk. work great with cd palyers and such and for wathcing movies. never even tried with an amp before
Yes. The trick is to get cheap headphones. The expensive ones reproduce the highs too efficiently and sound harsh. Get a $20 pair of Sonys and enjoy.
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I was wondering if you had to buy a special kind of headphones because mine don't fit into my amp? Thanks
^ sounds like you just need an adapter to change it from an 1/8" jack to a 1/4" to fit the amp.
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I was wondering if you had to buy a special kind of headphones because mine don't fit into my amp? Thanks

You can get basically any headphones, but you have to get an adapter that will convert the 1/8 jack (or 3/32, whichever) to a 1/4 jack (which is the size of the jack on your guitar cable that plugs into the amp). Just go down to GC and ask about amp headphones and they'll give you a pair that comes with an adapter. And if you do have headphones w/o an adapter, the adapters come cheap at radioshack for a couple of bucks.
Ben
i used the behinger ones with my MG a couples tiems before. work pretty well. i mean its an MG so i dont expect anything. my boogie is to l33t to use headphones iewth
Quote by super666fender
i used the behinger ones with my MG a couples tiems before. work pretty well. i mean its an MG so i dont expect anything. my boogie is to l33t to use headphones iewth

What model are your behringer ones?
just an update I went to a great little guitar shop in Hull today called Antoine's guitars and in a bit of an impulse went and bought a Marshall MS-2. They were really helpful setting up one with earphones so I could test one out and I bought it for £21.

I must say best 20 quid I ever spent. I love it it's just the perfect thing I were looking for and after spending couple of years trying to find the right silent practice rig, I found just the thing I was looking for. If anything they sound even better through earphones. BTW, I'm using basic apple iPod ones.

But yeah well impressed, thanks everyone for their help. Cheers!