What is the best tube amp in the $700 dollar area? I need some ideas for some amps to try out.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
a little under your price range, but the fender hotrod deluxe is a fine specimen. We could use a little more information though. what type of music do you play? what guitar are you using? what sound are you looking for?
"The shopowner and his son ... well that's an entirely different story altogether ... I had to beat them to death with their own shoes."
Peavey Windsor, Ashdown Fallen Angel, B-52 S series, B-52 ATA series, Peavey Valveking, Crate Vintage 30, Peavey Classic 30.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

I play all types of music except say death metal, my guitar is in my signature. But I am going to run pedals through it regardless.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
I'd recommend a B-52 AT-100 or AT-212, depending on whether you want a head or a cab. Extremely versatile, 100 watts all-tube, (although the stock tubes can use a change). Another one to look into is the Carvin MTS. I bought one on eBay last week and I don't have it yet, but I can let you know how it sounds when I do.
Thanks for the help guys. Anyone else want to help me out some more?
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
B-52 AT100 2x12

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.