i recently got a dremel for xmas with alot of attachments

i also played my friends ibanez rg, and i love the flat thin neck

would there be a problem with shaving my strats C neck into a flatter "wizard" type?

thanks
LIVE
2008 Fender Baja Telecaster (Good guitar buy one)
1979 Fender Stratocaster
1993 Fender Duo-Sonic
Peavey Studio Pro
Fender Deluxe Reverb
I personally wouldn't do it because I wouldnt trust myself to do it right. I dont know whether it'll have any adverse effects on the neck or what adjustments you'd need to make. I think you'd have to alter the truss rod settings but I cant be sure.

ask in gear building and customising. If anyone'll know they'll be in there
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
you migt be able to get a neck off of warmoth if you cant shave it down
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Don't use any kind of powertool to do it, especially not with such a small head like a Dremel. Use a spokeshave or splane if you really want to make the neck thinner, but don't go overboard and keep on checking your work to make sure you keep things even. And remember to oil the neck afterwards to keep it nice and smooth and mould-free. And as Lemoninfluence said, you may get better answers from the GB & C forum.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile