So, my long-awaited pedals came today!

However, when I use my synth wah or hyper phase, there's a massive decrease in volume... why?
maybe out of battery?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Just got them today

Yea the battery that came in my bad monkey was dead in no time.

Cheers.
erm get a volume pedal or something
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
put the level up if it has one
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by De_Stijl01
If the pedals have volume controls, turn them up along with the amp.

Neither have volume controls, as I said before
Maybe put some sort of boost in the chain? Try the pedals separate?
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by soccerdude3465
Maybe put some sort of boost in the chain? Try the pedals separate?

I already have a boost, my tubescreamer. Doesn't seem to help much.
Bad cables connecting them?

Try them separately like mentioned above. If not, send them back or something.. Try a different brand, etc.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by sg-rocker173
Bad cables connecting them?

Try them separately like mentioned above. If not, send them back or something.. Try a different brand, etc.

My cables ARE rather shit.
I experience it, so don't worry. I was plagued by volume loss before I got my NS-2 and CS-3, which really help my tone.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
You could try getting a clean booster like a Mxr Micro Amp or Bbe Boosta Grande and keep those on when you use the synth/phaser.

Btw, hows that Zombie sound, recto-ish?
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
I have a big pedal board (Sorry for being arrogant), so I dont have to worry about volume loss, yet it does give me loads of feedback.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Some pedals have trim pots on the inside to change their volume. Check on mods as well.
maybe you dont have it the correct order of effects?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
list ur pedals and the order, include where they are input into the amp, and type of amp.

then run each pedal one at a time, checking for any dip in volume. (^said at least once)

and then repost wt results.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Guitar - Fender PT-100 - Morley Power Wah - Ibanez TS7 Tubescreamer - Rocktron Zombie - Digitech Synth Wah - Digitech Hyper Phase - Randall RG50TC

I still get the volume dip when I use it with my distortion... not so much with cleans.
ok and when u ran them one at a time into the amp?
run them one at a time in thru the front of the amp, then run them in the effects loop.

also each coupling wire needs to be checked individually. with batteries and power supply, if possible.

and then repost with results.

yeah, it's a pain in the ass. but, this is the only way to figure out which pedal and or input is causing the problem.

if it isnt one specific pedal then look into picking up a mxr mirco amp boost.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MXRM133

i wouldnt think it was a natural, long chain drop off. but even if it's one pedal messing u up, this should be able to overcome that problem.

i just had a similar problem. had the same chain of effects a while and then woke up last weekend and was getting a humming noise.
turned out an second input to a delay just started humming for no reason.
probalby took me 2 hours, maybe more of swapping every pedal and input to find it. but that's what happens sometimes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

It's definately the phaser that's dropping the volume. Any way around this that won't cost me loads of money in buying another pedal? I have a Boss DS-1 that I could perhaps use as a booster somehow...
if u want to zero the gain and raise the level on the ds1 to try to boost the phaser before the end of the chain, i guess.
but i might try to look at the pedal see what the problem is.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by ledcaveman
erm get a volume pedal or something

moron, you mean a volume boost
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
i didnt think psychiatrists called people morons.

he's just a caveman trying to help. no reason post like that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
i didnt think psychiatrists called people morons.

don't tempt me

anyway low-price range effects ussually suck up tone and sometimes a lot of volume too. i've had it with a digital multi effect once a while ago(one of the reasons I sold it)
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
yeah ive had problems with the digitech phaser too, best way to get around it is to trade it in and get either an EHX Small Stone or an MXR Phase 90/100/120 (I prefer the Small Stone but its really down to taste, and if you get a small stone get the nano version because it has less volume drop and true bypass.)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah ive had problems with the digitech phaser too, best way to get around it is to trade it in and get either an EHX Small Stone or an MXR Phase 90/100/120 (I prefer the Small Stone but its really down to taste, and if you get a small stone get the nano version because it has less volume drop and true bypass.)

Thing is, I love the sounds the digitech produces- I want the step phase and the 'wind chime'-ish sounds I get out of it. It's just the volume.
i really dont think theres a way to correct that though, and with the pedal being a digital modeler its all but impossible to mod.

Last.fm
Apologies for the random off topicness, but I probably can't help more than everyone else has done so far. But how do you like the synth wah?
I'm very interested in getting one because it seems a good alternative to an actual synth, is it possible for sound clips? (The digitech website ones aren't to detailed.)
its just an auto wah, and IMO not a very good one you wont get a lot of synth tones out of it. If you want synth tones try the EHX POG, HOG or Micro Synthesizer. If you want a good auto wah get an EHX Q-Tron.

Last.fm