Well it doesn't seem to be right. The chord progression is supposed to go down the second time through but you keep playing the first half of it. Later in the mix it sounds like you attempt to play this second half but it's still pretty far off.

Sounds like you've got a long ways to go still. Piano playing isn't bad though. Hopefully that's really you and not step by step midi notation.
The song isn't supposed to follow the original progression. I've tried to remix the track by making it flow how i wanted at the time.
I really like this. The piano work is fantastic, the only flaw I can see (hear) is the vocal - it's just a little too quiet for my liking...(I don't know if that was intentional) but that's the only thing I'd like to see changed

Well done!

(I would appreciate it if you could stop by my thread and have a listen http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=500849 thanks!!!)
Quote by 12eTa1217e17
The song isn't supposed to follow the original progression. I've tried to remix the track by making it flow how i wanted at the time.

Ok, I can appreciate your attempt but it didn't work. The vocal is the original track mixed down so you can't hear it's musical contribution as well. You've basically taken the original track and added your own piano thing mixed in louder. The original piano part is cool because you can't get a handle on the timing so easily, sounds drawn out and unsure - your piano part is just straight forward and doesn't even follow the progression right. That would sound ok except it the chords don't work for it and therefore sounds wrong - like it is.

Write your own song, or drop the original track and do your own vocal, your own drums, your own bass for crying out loud.
Write your own song, or drop the original track and do your own vocal, your own drums, your own bass for crying out loud.

Write your own song? What if i didn't want to write my own song? Hence why i am posting in the covers forum!

The drums and the bass lines were written by me. Everything was structured the way i wanted. And i wanted to have thoms voice in there, in the mix. So if you want something negative to say i honestly don't mind, but the hostility your showing just ain't on.
Quote by 12eTa1217e17
Write your own song? What if i didn't want to write my own song? Hence why i am posting in the covers forum!

The drums and the bass lines were written by me. Everything was structured the way i wanted. And i wanted to have thoms voice in there, in the mix. So if you want something negative to say i honestly don't mind, but the hostility your showing just ain't on.

I'm sorry about the hostility, but it almost pisses me off that you would mix parts of the original track. If you're doing a cover, then cover it, don't add to what's already been done. That's cheap, childish and unimaginative - not to mention an absence of musicianship.

I'm annoyed at your mindsight here - the unique quality of the song being replaced by ordinary, bland piano playing. I don't think you get Radiohead. As a Radiohead fan, I take offense at mixing your parts with theirs, assuming yours are more interesting. Otherwise, you would record each part yourself and use nothing of the original track. That's what a cover should be. That's the whole point.

Whatever. I'm one listener amongst many listeners.