Im looking at getting a new guitar, preferably something in the $250-400 range, and then going with a Line 6 Model III 15 amp.

I'd be playing a mix of classic rock(Clapton, Hendrix), 80's metal(Van Halen, Dio, Savatage), and then some more recent stuff like Yngwie Malmsteen(not sure if he's recent, just like his music) and anything else with fast riffs and solos. Since I suck at chords, I'm more interested in being able to play it fast, but I'd still like to be able to play chords without a hastle(I know that specific guitar I described is probably a couple thousand).

Anyway, this is what I've narrowed it down to:
Ibanez RG3EXQM1 Quilted Maple Top *
Ibanez GRG170DX Electric Guitar
Schecter Damien FR Electric Guitar
Schecter S-1 Black Widow Electric Guitar

Feel free to rip apart or comment on any of these guitars, or suggest others.
Thanks

Edit Notes:
* Just added
** Remove the following:
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio Electric
Epiphone Vintage G-400 Electric Guitar
Quote by TJM2482
Guys like Vai and Wylde practiced for as many as 12 hours a day, whereas the Fall Out Boy guitarist probably played 12 hours a month

Death Before Emo
Everytime an Emo cries a viking descends from Valhalla and destroys him.

Last edited by morgan16382 at Jan 8, 2007,
I wouldn't got for the epiphones with your playing style. That style, in my opinion, would definately more suit the Ibanez. I don't know much about Schecter though.
i wouldnt go with any of the epis. The s-1 might be good maybe a c-1?

or maybe an ibanez in the RG line
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.