Hi,

This is my first post so apologies if this has been done to death before. I did a search and couldn't see anything similar to what I want to ask.

I'm a primary teacher and teach the children in my class (9-10yrs old) guitar for free after school. I'm just a keen amateur so its just simple finger picking and chord work. I've had two children join who are left handed and don't know what to do. One has a new looking 1/2 size classical jobbie and the other has picked up his dad's guitar which is too big for him.

What do you think I should do with these two? I thought I could try teaching them to play the guitar upside down and reverse the chords, but I'd like to ask before I commit to this in case I screw them up.

cheers,
Teach facing them and explain it's like looking in a mirror.

Easy Peasy.

I'm left handed and find this approach real easy when showing righties how to do things.
Quote by fireblade
Teach facing them and explain it's like looking in a mirror.

Easy Peasy.

I'm left handed and find this approach real easy when showing righties how to do things.

^Good post

My teacher is left handed, big help!
your question doesnt belong here simply because this particular forum is for questions concerning the website and not music or guitar. Therefore you should take your question to the guitar related forums which will lead to more answers and help from people and not the closure of your thread.
This question could be suitable in The pit (for general discussion of your question) , and the guitar related forums.

I'm sorry, but I reported the thread. You should have read the rules before posting, thats the most important thing to do before posting in any forum.

*REPORTED*

(dont post after my post with the *reported* mark or you will most probably get a warning from the moderators of the forum, just read my post and the rules)

Cheers
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Jan 8, 2007,