Hey guys I have a question. Do you guys know of any products that will help me simulate the effects of a 12 string guitar? I mean for my electric guitar (my acoustic isn't acoustic-electric). Maybe a chorus pedal or something like that? I've heard about the Jellifish Chorus Pick, but the reviews on GC say that it isn't too good. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Ben
I have a Boss GT6...... can simulate AAAAAANYTHING with that!
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
The POG
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
Quote by muffinman123192
Adry007, do you mean the GE-7 "Equalizer" pedal?

No, I mean the Boss GT-6 guitar effect processor.....the newest model is now the Boss GT-8
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
Also, I would appreciate if anybody could tell me their experience with the Jellifish, and if it really gives you that 12-string sound.
Ben
i stoel the jellyfish one day cuz there was no way in hell iwas gunan spend 15 bcusk on that ****er. good thing is toel it cuz it sucks. lie it gets sum cool effects on acoustic and clean stuff, but no way it emulates a real 12 string. nto even close. if u get the chance steal it though
i think danelectro makes a sitar/twelve string box or something...
im probably completely wrong.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Maybe a Boss Octave Pedal. I dunno, but it seems right to me.
Quote by red star

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
The Boss Super Shifter. Check out the Boss pedal demo, it has a 12-string sound clip.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Quote by greenwgreg
The Boss Super Shifter. Check out the Boss pedal demo, it has a 12-string sound clip.

Same thing I was gonna say
Sent from my iPad.
I have never heard of the Super Shifter, so I'll definetly look into it. But Mr. Chainsaw, I would have to agree with an octave pedal, although, wouldn't that make my whole guitar sound an octave higher/lower and not make it sound like six are regular and six are high?
Ben
I thought there would be a 12 string option on it, but if the Boss Super Shifter has it, then it must not be on the Octave pedal, so yea.

Im just used to my POG I guess, because I can still keep my original sound in the mix with it, I guess thats unlike other octave pedals.

Good luck finding one.
Quote by red star

Quote by Dyaxe666
The thing with using an octave pedal is that is also gives you octave strings on the top B and E strings, which a 12 string doesn't have. On a twelve string these two strings are string in unison pairs, where both strings on each are the same. Apart from that though, they seem the best bet to me.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Doesn't your AD15VT have a chorus built in?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Yeah, my AD15VT does have a chorus in it, but the chorus is mixed in with effects and is kinda hard to control. Ah well, I'm sure I'll find something. Thanks for all your help.

EDIT: Hey, you guys were right! The Super Shifter does do 12-string emulation. Thanks so much. That pedal is definetly the next one on my list.
Ben
Last edited by muffinman123192 at Jan 9, 2007,
Quote by super666fender
i stoel the jellyfish one day cuz there was no way in hell iwas gunan spend 15 bcusk on that ****er. good thing is toel it cuz it sucks. lie it gets sum cool effects on acoustic and clean stuff, but no way it emulates a real 12 string. nto even close. if u get the chance steal it though

I would just suggest an octave pedal, simple enough. But if you played full chords distorted it would sound horrible with the octave up B and E strings. What would you be using it for?
Chief arsonist of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join
Last edited by 40 pancakes at Jan 9, 2007,
I'd mainly be using it for classic rock, like The Beatles. They had a lot of songs that used 12 strings, especially around '65, with the Help! album.
Ben