i got my lip pierced yesterday and its really swollen and hurts lol...does anyone know how long it takes for the swelling to stop and just any tips to keep it clean and stuff..thanks
what you got just a stud or vampire piercings (snake bites ) if stud i dont know i got the vampires cos they look cool
Erm... I have mine done over 2 years now. I'd say either saline solution (Sea salt & Water) or an antiseptic wash, but always make sure you rinse with warm water afterwards. And leave t in for 6 weeks, and try not to bite the inside of it or fiddle with it too much

Edit: Oh, the swelling will go down in about 2/3 days, and to cleane it cotton swabs should do, but do not take t out, or it'll heal up, as obvious as that may sound, people do it. (Almost did it myself with my nose stud)
Hope I Helped
Last edited by blackenedktulu at Jan 8, 2007,
do lip piercings hurt?
or does it just feel weird when they pierce it?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
i just got a ring in one side but ill probly go back soon and get the other side done so i have snake bites...i just wanted to see what it felt like and if it looked good....and it does
I hope you got a bar and not a hoop, nothing worse than a swollen lip and a hoop.

If it is a hoop, pop the ball out and get a set of pliers and open it up a bit to relieve the pressure. The blood clotting will hold it in place till you get a stud. < Thats if its a hoop btw.

Just bare with and if it gets infected, just take it out.

blackenedktulu's advice is sound
I got mine done bout 2 weeks ago...It doesnt hurt...It swelled but wasn't too bad..went down after a few days...its sore 2day my mate flicked it..Also I got like a line on the lineside of my mouth like an opening below where the whole on the inside of my mouth is...is this normal...I can move it doesnt hurt.I would advisen cleaning it and maybe move it around a bit when u do...otherwise the wound will stick to the ring...
Quote by _-Skeletor-_
its swollen but its a pretty massive ring so its not constricting it or anything

Nothing worse than a big ring

You'll get forks caught in it and all sorts. My advice, and ive had my lip periced 3 times. Go to a pericing shop tomorrow, get 3 bars, long, longish and medium. Go home and sterilize them (you dont want aids).

Now its going to hurt a fair bit but in the end it'll feel alot better. TAKE THE HOOP OUT!

Quickly slide in one of the bars. Biggest one first, try to get a fit thats long but not to long to piss you off.

It'll hurt putting it in, make sure its coverd in anticeptic.

This way it wont affect you eating like a hoop does and it'll heal alot quicker.
usually your lips just fall off
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by _-Skeletor-_
i got my lip pierced yesterday and its really swollen and hurts lol...does anyone know how long it takes for the swelling to stop and just any tips to keep it clean and stuff..thanks

Make sure you are cleaning it 4 to 6 times a day with sea salt and water mixture
i put a q-tip and dip it into the sea salt and water mixture and rub it on the outside of the lip then take a nicr swig of that sea salt and water mixture (to clean the inside) and swiss it around for 10 to 20 seconds.

Everytime you eat swiss the se salt and water mixture on the inside of your mouth. If you do the outside too much it will become dry and you will find it hurts more.

It will be swollen you just got a needle shoved through your lip and it will hurt. Give it abour 4 weeks and it shall heal. The swelling will go down for everyone at different times when i got my lip pierced i didnt get swelling untill the next day mostly becasue the lady decided to brake about 500 blood vesells. lol but it will take some time. Dont worry.
Quote by Preid
Nothing worse than a big ring

You'll get forks caught in it and all sorts. My advice, and ive had my lip periced 3 times. Go to a pericing shop tomorrow, get 3 bars, long, longish and medium. Go home and sterilize them (you dont want aids).

Now its going to hurt a fair bit but in the end it'll feel alot better. TAKE THE HOOP OUT!

Quickly slide in one of the bars. Biggest one first, try to get a fit thats long but not to long to piss you off.

It'll hurt putting it in, make sure its coverd in anticeptic.

This way it wont affect you eating like a hoop does and it'll heal alot quicker.

First of all the reason they put in big rings is becasue it will accomidate for the swelling. I have 2 lip piercings and i have post's in them and they are huge due to the fact you need to accomidate for swelling. TAking the ring out will only cause the lip piercing to become irrated aAND it might close if he doesnt get it in fast enouhg ANG could become infected.

that is abig no no dude.
Quote by x/taluha
First of all the reason they put in big rings is becasue it will accomidate for the swelling. I have 2 lip piercings and i have post's in them and they are huge due to the fact you need to accomidate for swelling. TAking the ring out will only cause the lip piercing to become irrated aAND it might close if he doesnt get it in fast enouhg ANG could become infected.

that is abig no no dude.

Suck ma nuts, your advice stinks.

It wont magically close the instant he takes it out.

Are you trying to say a bar is more annoying than a hoop? When the swelling goes down, the hoops going to feel even bigger and will annoy him more!

Bars are the way to go when healing.