K, so im basicly saving up for a Peavey ValveKing 112 combo amp and i hope to be able to get it in a couple of months. Currently i have crappy a Line 6 spider II 15 W.
I also just bought this insane LANDMINE distortion pedal for like $200 and its great and all, but I've been hearing from some people that if you use a distortion pedal with your Tube Amp then it'll just take over the tone and sound just like any other amp using that pedal

So basicly my question is that is there a point in getting a nice Tube Amp and using it with my distortion pedal if its just gonna take over the sound, and if I just wasted $200?????

Also I play neo-classical and heavy metal like Pantera and stuff so i dont really plan on getting an overdrive pedal.

Gear:
Ibanez Rg370DX
Line 6 Spider II 15 W
Landmine Distortion Pedal
Last edited by ibanlezbians at Jan 8, 2007,
Sell the pedal when you get the Valveking? Although some people swear that Distortion pedals give valve amps a big boost. Try it out when you get it, then decide accordingly.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
I would say that you just wasted $200. But what really matters is whether you like the sound. However, the odds are pretty good that once you grow fond (and 99% do) of the wonderful sounds a tube amp can make you will not like your pedal.

I would advise selling or trading the landmine for a nice overdrive to layer into your valveking's overdrive channel. Then, and be patient, after lots of EQ fiddling you should be able to find a sound that beats your current setup in every way.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Try it out at a shop before you buy might be better^
Originally posted by: rich sg
And God said unto Jesus: "Son, is there anything you want to talk about?"
And Jesus replied: "Get off my back, Dad! Judas Priest your such a frickin' homophobe! FACE!"
And so Jesus was crucified.
Ye but with an overdrive pedal i cant really get a heavy metal sound, especially with just the amp alone and thats why i need a distortion pedal. So im not really getting it.

O and wont the tube amp enhance the sound of the distortion pedal instead of the sound being the same as another amp.
Ye but with an overdrive pedal i cant really get a heavy metal sound, especially with just the amp alone and thats why i need a distortion pedal. So im not really getting it.

Ok.. You're not understanding something.

With an overdrive you can put it in front over your amps distorted channel. If you do this with a distortion pedal you end up with a mess of noise.
Instead of cranking the gain on the overdrive you set the level high. This boosts the signal and tightens up the whole sound. It makes palm mutes much more chunky and sounds much better and more natural than any distortion pedal. In short, an OD can take your amps distortion and make it much tighter or thicker depending on how you set the OD.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude