2004 Fender TC-90 Thinline Set Neck Seymour Duncan SP-90 Vintage at Neck and SP-90 Custom at Bridge. 575 CANADIAN $$$

vs

1996 Fender Standard Stratocaster Buddy Guy with humbucker seymur-duncan at the bridge, single noiseless seymour-duncan at the neck and standard at center.
495 CANADIAN $$$

Both guitars are like new, what you think is the best?

I play Rock of all sorts
Need your help, it would be my first real guitar and i dont wanna buy anything...
Last edited by Valet at Jan 8, 2007,
id say the tele.

noiseless pups sound pretty bland.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

tele all the way, the buddy guy may play a bit better though so i'd play them both if u can.
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
i am worried about the feedbacks with high distortion on the Tele... could someone inform me about it please.
Quote by Valet
i am worried about the feedbacks with high distortion on the Tele... could someone inform me about it please.

It's a thin-line/semi-hollow guitar (big center block) so I wouldn't worry about feedback too much.

Feedback would be more of an issue if it was a big hollowbody jazz box.

The TC-90 is sweet, btw.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
well what kind of music will you be playing??

if its gonna be metallica or stuff like that then i withdraw my "get the tele" comment.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

does the buddy guy have the polka dots? that would make me go with the other option.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
does the buddy guy have the polka dots? that would make me go with the other option.

i think thats his cheaper mexican made one....but yeah the polka dots are sex-u-al
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

The tc-90's play so nice, I almost sold my 2004 american standard strat to buy one last year.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501671

theres a buddy guy for sale here.

EDIT: just realised thats a shit deal compared to the one youre apparently getting...
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX