ok i got a ibanz electric guitar with a floyd rose bridge with the fine tunning shit , i was wonder if i could make mine into a single locking because the one i got is the double and ****ing pain in the ass ya gotta cut the ball ends of the cords and shit but any how the single its built the same way just instead of the crunchers to crunch the cords its got hollow screws and ya just run the cords threw the screws and up threw the bridge, so i was wondering if i just bought hollow screw and took out the crunchers would it work? or would i just have to buy a new bridge?
you dont have to lock the nut. But it will adversely affect tuning stability. if you dont want a locking bridge you will have to replace it
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
why would you want to make your bridge worse?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you guys hes not talking about getting rid of the locking nut hes talking about getting rid of the locking bridge, hence DOUBLE locking with a nut and bridge as oppossed to SINGLE with just the nut for stability.

and sorry man i dont know if you can. i reckon a halfway decent singlelocking bridge isnt that much, i had the same problem and it hindered my decision if i wanted a guitar with a floyd or not. :/
Last edited by TheCalvinator at Jan 8, 2007,
Double locking is more stable then single locking. And you cant really modify your trem for that, you gotta get a new one.

What Ibanez and which bridge do you have?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by TheCalvinator
you guys hes not talking about getting rid of the locking nut hes talking about getting rid of the locking bridge, hence DOUBLE locking with a nut and bridge as oppossed to SINGLE with just the nut for stability.

and sorry man i dont know if you can. i reckon a halfway decent singlelocking bridge isnt that much, i had the same problem and it hindered my decision if i wanted a guitar with a floyd or not. :/

I know that, and what i said still stands.

see madpickin's post for more info.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?