I know this may be in the wrong section but, here it is...

When I record something with GarageBand, and I import it to iTunes, I can't put it on myspace. It won't fit or something. I think it might be because its an mp4 and not an mp3, so does anyone know how to convert to that? And I also have another question.. I have the new iMac, the flatscreen G5 (I think). It's not the biggest one but its the one under it, and it says you can plug your guitar into it, but it only has a 1/8" jack. So its like a headphone jack. So can you get converters for that? 1/4" to 1/8"? Thanks in advance...
Quote by guitarkid2113
It's not the biggest one but its the one under it, and it says you can plug your guitar into it, but it only has a 1/8" jack. So its like a headphone jack. So can you get converters for that? 1/4" to 1/8"? Thanks in advance...

Certainly. They are very easy to find.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
using windows soud recorder you can open and then click "save as" and choose mp3 i think

use Adobe Audition 2.0 to record and everything, better quality, a lot of filters for equalization and if you record a clen sound there are several pre-set distortions you can edit and everything
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by guitarkid2113
I know this may be in the wrong section but, here it is...

When I record something with GarageBand, and I import it to iTunes, I can't put it on myspace. It won't fit or something. I think it might be because its an mp4 and not an mp3, so does anyone know how to convert to that? And I also have another question.. I have the new iMac, the flatscreen G5 (I think). It's not the biggest one but its the one under it, and it says you can plug your guitar into it, but it only has a 1/8" jack. So its like a headphone jack. So can you get converters for that? 1/4" to 1/8"? Thanks in advance...

i am not to sure but i think itunes converts your files to something else. Just use musicmatch jukebox to convert to mp3
find the file in finder, hit get info, and just change the file extension. it actually works.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Yeah, either get the 1/4mono to 1/8 stereo adapter, or Apple sells guitar cables that plug right into the 1/8 input jack.

They're not being converted to MP4's right out of Garageband. THey're AIFF files. Download the program Switch, it's a converter of many different files, I find it's the best. I think you can get it at download.com
ok...... under itunes go to your preferences and under importing or some tab up top choose mp3 as deault importing setting..... then you choose the song you want to put on myspace/etc. and go to the advanced menu (maybe not, but on towards the right) and click convert selection to MP3..... and i have a g5, to record, all you have to do is go to rafioshack or wherever and get a 1/4" to 1/8" converter and it works fine.....

hope that helps, thats how i do it and it works..... you don't need any additional programs or anything to do it, you just need itunes

/thread
Quote by the_extremist00
using windows soud recorder you can open and then click "save as" and choose mp3 i think

use Adobe Audition 2.0 to record and everything, better quality, a lot of filters for equalization and if you record a clen sound there are several pre-set distortions you can edit and everything

He's on a mac. No Windows. No Adobe Audition.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by americnidiot
ok...... under itunes go to your preferences and under importing or some tab up top choose mp3 as deault importing setting..... then you choose the song you want to put on myspace/etc. and go to the advanced menu (maybe not, but on towards the right) and click convert selection to MP3..... and i have a g5, to record, all you have to do is go to rafioshack or wherever and get a 1/4" to 1/8" converter and it works fine.....

hope that helps, thats how i do it and it works..... you don't need any additional programs or anything to do it, you just need itunes

/thread

+1
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180