Ok so I got a fender strat for Christmas(not a real one) and it is my first guitar. I already know about music theory because I've taken viola for 3 years(I figured it wasn't SO different from guitar, besides being 10x smaller) anyways I can play most nirvana(far from perfectly) and they are on of my fav bands so that is an accomplishment for me(considering I've only hand the guitar for not even a month. SO am I a quick learner, do I suck, or am I average.

Second question, Metallica is another one of my fav bands and I heard that their song seek and destroy isn't one of their hard ones, so I've decided to try that(except the solo). My question is, shout I be attempting this song, or is out of my skill level.

Thanks!
Do what you want man. But ya seek and destroy and Enter Sandman are a few of the first metallica songs I learnt. Not the solo of course.

Also tru some Black Sabbath, ACDC, Cream etc..

P.S. Nirvana is prreeeettttyyy easy. So I dunno if ur a fast learner or u suck. All I know is you'll get better.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
nothing is really out of your league.....i have know people to pick up the guitar and in 2 months been playing difficult stuff. so just keep at it, i didnt have much song progress at the beginning, i just kinda played random notes.
If you think you can learn how to play it, go for it. Don't let anyone tell you you're not good enough to play it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ok, and I'm looking the tab right now, I got the beggining down(i think, my amp isnt on, it sounds ok) the solo kinda scares me though(i know I could it if I practiced, but it loks like alot to memorize. Anyways thanks for the help guys.
deffinately try some seek and destroy. if you want some easy stuff, also try some ac/dc, black sabbath, and hendrix. enter sandman is really easy too, and almost everyone that plays guitar knows it. once you get better and develop your skill, try some stevie ray vaughan, and vai/satriani. good luck man. don't give up when it gets difficult.

also, learn your scales and modes. once you have them memorized, you can pull a solo off the top of your head.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
another question: are there any other songs(besides seek and destroy and enter sandman) for metallica that are easy to learn?
nothing else matters is an easy acoustic one.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
if you find a song hard start to learn it slowly and then bring it up to speed because if you only play simple songs your whole life your not going to progress
Quote by guitarhero_764
Ok so I got a fender strat for Christmas(not a real one) and it is my first guitar. I already know about music theory because I've taken viola for 3 years(I figured it wasn't SO different from guitar, besides being 10x smaller) anyways I can play most nirvana(far from perfectly) and they are on of my fav bands so that is an accomplishment for me(considering I've only hand the guitar for not even a month. SO am I a quick learner, do I suck, or am I average.

Second question, Metallica is another one of my fav bands and I heard that their song seek and destroy isn't one of their hard ones, so I've decided to try that(except the solo). My question is, shout I be attempting this song, or is out of my skill level.

Thanks!

except by the solo, seek and destroy it's not really hard
ok guys thanks for all your help. I'm in the process of learing the song, and yeah its hella easy. The only kinda hard part is counting the open low E notes and keeping the beats beause you can't hear them that well in the song.

I have yet another question(lol)

When should I start learning solos(not easy nirvana ones, fast thrash ones). I can almost play the whole seek and destroy solo but it is realy slow and sounds like shit. If I try to speed it up I mess it up. Any tips?
Well, as always, play it slowed down until you memorize it, not in only in your head, but in your fingers too. And then try to speed it up. But considering you haven't played that long yet, I would doubt it'd help much(to overcome that solo, that is). But sure, go ahead and try it
try the song to live is to die by metallca, it is one the easy ones,, also,,
try the song sanitarium,, the riffs are easy