Page 1 of 2
Hello, UG, I am a BSU fan and have realizzed from the papers that BSU could be ranked #1 in NCAA football. I personally agree, I mean they are 13-0, BEAT oklahoma, and are just plain good. So, do you think they could be numba 1? Why? Why not? DISCUSS!
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
^ That would definatley boost their chances, yes. But I mean just in general.
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
They can't be #1 because their turf is blue and it annoys me when I am trying to watch games
My gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut
Fender MIM Strat w/ Texas Specials
Marshall JCM 2000 - DSL 401
Fender FM25 DSP
Dunlop Original Cry-Baby
Boss DS-1

Cheap Fender Acoustic
Quote by jlhenry
They can't be #1 because their turf is blue and it annoys me when I am trying to watch games

Hater.

Yes, if OSU loses, Boise State has every right to be #1. They'd be the only unbeatens left, and deserve the honor. The BCS is a complete joke, and constantly screws teams over. A top-10 playoff with #1 and #2 getting a next-round bye would be great. That way, the best team prevails. If OSU wins though, BSU should have the #2 spot hands down.
Quote by Ghost_bass
did anyone see the new cheerios that have been put out? the're fruity flavored. so basicly its a ripoff of fruitloops.

Quote by Twist of fate
No they're gay cheerios
If Ohio State loses then yes... if they win then i think they are both equally deserving of the title.
Cannibal Corpse

Quote by THE JEWISH AFRO
Good Golly Gosh!

nice sig...
No. As much as I enjoyed watching Boise State winning the game, there is no way they are #1 in the nation. Of course I am in NO way trying to take anything away from a perfect 13-0 season - congrats for that achievement! just last year we were 13-0 too - but imo, BSU couldn't stand with OSU or UF. Beating OU was a great achievement, no doubt, but hardly puts BSU in a spot for #1. Top 10 definitely, top 5 most likely, but #1? Let's not be in over our heads. Boise State has opened a whole new world for themselves as well as other "mid-major" schools. In time, maybe, but now, BSU is NOT #1.

Congrats for 13-0 season!
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Why? boise state only won by one point. That game could have gone either way and if they had lost by the same margin, then we would not be having this discussion. It's stupid to me how them winning/losing by one point makes such a difference in people's opinions even though it attributes barely anything to their skill level.
Last edited by scheck006 at Jan 8, 2007,
Quote by Highvoltage45
Hello, UG, I am a BSU fan and have realizzed from the papers that BSU could be ranked #1 in NCAA football. I personally agree, I mean they are 13-0, BEAT oklahoma, and are just plain good. So, do you think they could be numba 1? Why? Why not? DISCUSS!

I heard a bunch of the press guys are gonna basically use BSU as their posterchild, and vote them number 1 as a statement against the BCS system.
<Han> I love Hitler
Florida would kick BSU butt...but BSU is the only team who went through the season undefeated, so I think they deserve consideration.
i think if boise played oklahoma again i think oklahoma would win. i think that statue of liberty play was a fluke . they should have a rematch
F' IT
(whats the worst that could happen)
Boise would get there asses kicked just like OSU did, so don't bring that nonsense in here.
Boise State didn't have a very tough schedule compared to OSU and UF.
Get off my lawn.
Personally I would like to see them be number one. Largely because everyone in the SEC is overrated. (*cough Florida cough*)

Florida beat Ohio State. Oooh. Considering they shouldn't have been in championship game to begin with, and only got there from the corrupt mofos running the SEC.

Sorry. Not Impressed.

Boise State is #1.
Last edited by Darkrunner at Jan 9, 2007,
Quote by Darkrunner
Personally I would like to see them be number one. Largely because everyone in the SEC is overrated................

You're joking right?
Get off my lawn.
Quote by Darkrunner
Personally I would like to see them be number one. Largely because everyone in the SEC is overrated. (*cough Florida cough*)

Florida beat Ohio State. Oooh. Considering they shouldn't have been in championship game to begin with, and only got there from the corrupt mofos running the SEC.

Sorry. Not Impressed.

Boise State is #1.

You must be a soccer fan because its obvious you have no idea about anything college football.
i think the point here is that the BCS is retarded... now way is BSU gonna make it through any kind of playoff and be #1
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
as much as it would be anice story adn everything if they got their shot...I don't think they could beat Florida or Ohio State.
Quote by prsfloyd
You must be a soccer fan because its obvious you have no idea about anything college football.

I'm with him on this. And it looks as if he is from michigan too, so I will speak for him. We're Big 10 fans not soccer fans..............
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
Boise State all the way. They beat a good Okla team and Ohio get spanked by FLorida. Unfortunately, they are not a recognized power in NCAA football and the BCS have too much too lose by acknowleding the Boise State. The whole NCAA football championship is a pile of garbage; even Urban Meyer (the florida coach) said as much about a month ago. Someone recently said that there team would not be given consideration for a national title cause their colors were not recognized by theh NCAA. That is Boise States fate; tis a shame because the Boise State program is similar to the American dream in that they worked hard against the odds and earned everything they have. C"est la vie.

I made a list of responses to the BSU debate, partly cause I am drunk and bored

First the obvious; BSU is undefeated and there should not be a lot left that has to be said.

Second; Could BSU take on Ohio or Florida? There is no way to know for sure and it is unfair to penalize a team for not having the opportunity to play and beat another opponent. A related issue is that Florida, which has had a sporadic at best, offence pounded Ohio. Boise States offence has been very good and performed consistently all season; something that Chris Leak and the Florida Gators cannot say.

Third: The issue of the tough schedule. Did you know that the schedules played by NCAA teams are decided by the teams themselves!! I have read about how Louseville approached another school, Georgia I think, about playing a home and home series, and was turned down, possibly because Georgia did not want to make their schedule more difficult and hurt their chances at a national title. Teams are not told who to play by some impartial board of governors or selection committee in the NCAA but play a huge role in selecting who they will and will not play by agreeing to home and home contests proposed by other programs. I did not know this until recently and this puts the whole strength of schedule argument in the garbage where it belongs.

Forth argument as brought up by BottleOfSmoke: think the point here is that the BCS is retarded... now way is BSU gonna make it through any kind of playoff and be #1.” How do you know this? As Chris Berman of NFL game day might say, “ That is why the plays the games!” It is not computer chess; it is real live football where anything can happen.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Jan 9, 2007,
EDIT: I respect Urban Meyer and all, but he kinda flip flops. He said he hated the new rule about a player spending an odd amount of years at a school playing and then you can transfer, and he hated that, but now he has a transferred player that's done him sooo much, and he changed his mind.

It all depends on who's leaving and all as to if they'll be #1. I think it will either be Boise, USC, or Michigan, and they were saying USC had the ebst chance after the Rose Bowl win.

I personally think it will be Michigan (not because they're my favorite team). They will still have a load of key, good players, they were undefeated until OSU, and even though they were demolished by USC, their overall team is still one of the best of the country.

And I didn't know Boise was undefeated. Just goes to show how corrupt the BCS is for them not to have the Rose Bowl, or even the National Champ game with OSU.

I swear, undefeated teams (unless you're OSU or USC) get hardly any credit. Auburn and Oklahoma State in 04, Boise St. this year. The BCS sucks.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jan 9, 2007,
Boise State had a good season, but you've got to be realistic here. Put them in a major conference like the SEC, Big 12, or Big 10, and there's no way they go the entire season undefeated. Having seen Oklahoma play several times this year, I can tell you that they're not that great of a team, and would have gotten soundly beat by either OSU or Florida.
*cough*LSU *cough*
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Quote by prsfloyd

And if you don't think alumni (generally people who give alot of money) and coaches can't campaign and beg and plead to get their team into the national championship game, you're being naive.

And Urban Meyer is a whineass as well.......
I don't care about that, and on that same point look how much they beat them by. They are the fastest, strongest, and most intelligent team in the NCAA right now, I honestly think they could easily beat BSU, Oklahoma, Florida, Michigan, USC, Ohio State, Wake Forest, and Louisville in a playoff system. My statement had nothing to do with their game, it had to do with them being the strongest team right now.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
ah boise state. the pass on 4th and 18 and subsequent lateral is awesome. but the statue of liberty for a game-winning two point conversion is just an instant classic. they deserve the honor just for that play. let's all watch it again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4s8vdzYwFU

Largely because everyone in the SEC is overrated.

that was probably the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my life. you're so full of shit i can smell it through my tubez.

Quote by cochise788
This is why college football needs playoffs, it would solve everything.

i'm torn on that issue. it seems logical but there's such a history in things like the rose bowl and other BCS games. playoffs are far more practical. at least it would sort out this bickering.
#DTWD
Quote by Darkrunner

Sorry. Not Impressed.

Boise State is #1.

Hmm well IF the SEC is overrated, then I guess the Big 10 would be as well? I was all for OSU in the national title game don't get me wrong, but come on. They got waxed by Florida. Florida had every right to be there, more so than OSU from the looks of it. You know what conferences are overrated? The Pac-10, Big East, ACC, and Big 12.

Also, being a soccer fan has nothing to do with knowing about football. So you lot can shut the hell up with that.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Funkbass796
Hmm well IF the SEC is overrated, then I guess the Big 10 would be as well? I was all for OSU in the national title game don't get me wrong, but come on. They got waxed by Florida. Florida had every right to be there, more so than OSU from the looks of it. You know what conferences are overrated? The Pac-10, Big East, ACC, and Big 12.

I felt bad for Smith, though. I mean, this your one of the best years EVER for a quarter, I mean, the feat of going without ONE INT in the redzone is just awesome, and I kinda wanted to see a close game, just for the sake of this amazing player leaving. I mean, Smith just look flat out EMO on the sideline, he was so depressed.

But it was still good see UF pull through. Demoralizing the #1 team never hurts.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Boise St. is in the WAC conference. I like them, they're a really good team, but Florida should be number 1. They had one of the hardest schedule in the NCAA, and the SEC is quite possibly the best conference in the league. Then they defeat the best team in the NCAA, or who used to be the best team. Ohio St. was unstoppable until the National Championships.

As I said before, a team in that weak of a conference shouldn't be #1. If they were put in the SEC, Big 10, or even PAC-10, they would end up losing one or two games.

EDIT: So what if they're undefeated. They're in the WAC conference. Not really a strong conference at all.
Quote by fallenangel20
It all depends on who's leaving and all as to if they'll be #1. I think it will either be Boise, USC, or Michigan, and they were saying USC had the ebst chance after the Rose Bowl win.

I personally think it will be Michigan (not because they're my favorite team). They will still have a load of key, good players, they were undefeated until OSU, and even though they were demolished by USC, their overall team is still one of the best of the country.

And I didn't know Boise was undefeated. Just goes to show how corrupt the BCS is for them not to have the Rose Bowl, or even the National Champ game with OSU.

I swear, undefeated teams (unless you're OSU or USC) get hardly any credit. Auburn and Oklahoma State in 04, Boise St. this year. The BCS sucks.

Keep in mind that Carroll said he has gotten the best recruitment class he's ever had. This is Pete speaking. I mean if he claims this recruiting class to be the best he's had, that's saying something.
I think #1 next year would be Southern Cal. They still have their good Runninbacks, John David Booty, and most of the starters from their defense are coming back as well.
Boise St. can't play in the Rose Bowl because the teams in the Rose Bowl are Big 10 and Pac-10 champs, unless if National Championship stuff occurs.
I don't agree with Boise St. getting enough credit. They play in the WAC conference. Although Auburn a couple years ago did deserve a shot instead of Oklahoma as well as Southern Cal the year before. I agree with the playoffs though, but giving up the Rose Bowl, and other prestigious bowl games are tough.
Sent from my iPad.
Last edited by paintITblack39 at Jan 9, 2007,
Both OU and BSU had plenty of chances to blow that game wide open. They both made huge blunders, and both teams failed to capitalize on said blunders. With that said, I'm an OU fan (awaits booing.) Paul Thompson (OU QB) has games where he is awesome and games where he sucks beyond belief. January 1, he sucked beyond belief. If he had had a better night, OU might have won. And from what I heard, Boise State did not have a difficult schedule. However, congratulations to BSU on those two plays. I was there watching the game, and my jaw literally dropped when I saw those.

UF had a pretty convincing victory over OSU last night, and the SEC has always been one of the best conferences, and the Big 10 has always been a so-so conference. I think Florida should be #1.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by paintITblack39
Although Auburn a couple years ago did deserve a shot instead of Oklahoma as well as Southern Cal the year before. I agree with the playoffs though, but giving up the Rose Bowl, and other prestigious bowl games are tough.

Complete robbery that year. Go undefeated in the SEC and win the SEC championship, and still don't get a shot at the national title? Something aint right there.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
YOu know what; two things come to mind. First Primusfan wrote about the playoffs and how that might undermine tradition but I do not know if that is the case. There is no reason why the Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl. Fiesta Bowl and other majors would have to be killed off. The BCS was created to have a championship series and the title game rotates between the different major bowls if I am not mistaken. The same could apply in having a playoff, where the major bowls rotate hosting various levels of playoffs. So the Orange bowl could host a couple of semi finals, and hte Rose bowl host the final or something like that. There is also a possible misconceptoin that certain teams, USC, play in certain bowls like hte Rose bowl. While it happens a lot it is not happen all the time. Just recently we had teams like Wash St play Arizona St in the Rose bowl. So specific bowls are not necessasily linked to one team or another.

And why did Ohio state lose the game. I have honestly though Florida to have been weak all year due to their offence and spotty play of Leak. The first thing that came to mind at halftiime was that Ohio State was simply not adequatley prepared, whether they were arrogant and have lazy coachs or whatever. They did a terrible job of picking up the Gator Blitzing and Smith was somewhat careless with the ball. The lose of Ginn hurt but was not enough to explain what happened.

Oh ya, and those strengh of schedule arguements are garbage and mean nothing when teams decidee who they will or will not play.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Jan 10, 2007,
Quote by TwistedLogic
YOu know what; two things come to mind. First Primusfan wrote about the playoffs and how that might undermine tradition but I do not know if that is the case. There is no reason why the Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl. Fiesta Bowl and other majors would have to be killed off. The BCS was created to have a championship series and the title game rotates between the different major bowls if I am not mistaken. The same could apply in having a playoff, where the major bowls rotate hosting various levels of playoffs. So the Orange bowl could host a couple of semi finals, and hte Rose bowl host the final or something like that. There is also a possible misconceptoin that certain teams, USC, play in certain bowls like hte Rose bowl. While it happens a lot it is not happen all the time. Just recently we had teams like Wash St play Arizona St in the Rose bowl. So specific bowls are not necessasily linked to one team or another.

And why did Ohio state lose the game. I have honestly though Florida to have been weak all year due to their offence and spotty play of Leak. The first thing that came to mind at halftiime was that Ohio State was simply not adequatley prepared, whether they were arrogant and have lazy coachs or whatever. They did a terrible job of picking up the Gator Blitzing and Smith was somewhat careless with the ball. The lose of Ginn hurt but was not enough to explain what happened.

Oh ya, and those strengh of schedule arguements are garbage and mean nothing when teams decidee who they will or will not play.

Great preparation by Urban Meyer and the Gators, and horrible play calling by Tressel and the Buckeyes.

As for the question by the TC, I don't think Boise would deserve the number 1 spot. Sure, they fought through the naysayers and beat Oklahoma, but the only reason OU was in that game was because someone else beat Texas. OU may have won the Big 12, but Texas beat both of the teams that were in the Big 12 championship, yet, they weren't in the Big 12 championship, which is sad. I think if they would have played UT, which is a power house every year, they would have had a better shot at being #1. That is my opinion though, and I am a HUGE UT fan, so it might be a little biased on my part.
Here's how my top 5 should be:
1. Florida
2. USC
3. LSU
4. Boise St.
5. Ohio St.
Sent from my iPad.
You guys, Boise State is a good team , but the only good team they played was Oklahoma, I am sorry but you dont get a shot at the title unless you play some real teams.

It was so apparent how much better the Sec competition is than the other conferences.
41-14 , are you kidding OSU shouldnt have been on that field, that looked like a Gators practice. OSU didnt know what the hell was going on because they arent used to playing teams who A) have a defense B) have speed C) have a spread offense.
Speed and defense are what the SEC is known for. We dont play these games like Boise and OSU and Louiville where teams just march up and down the field scoring at will.
Florida played close games this year because thats SEC football.

The only other team that may have given Florida a game would have been LSU because they play the same type of football against the same GOOD teams.

The championship game was a prime example of how far and above better the SEC is than other conferences. A I just dont know how you can dispute that.
Page 1 of 2