well, i ran into my first little speed bump, i was installing some roller trees on a guitar i am in the process of putting together, i guess i torqued the shit out of it and broke the screw off in the hole. what do i do from here!

thanks, rob

Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
u could leave it that way and just let the strings go directly from the peg to the nut or just make a new hole
^ sounds easy enough, making to make a new hole i would have to take it out right?

i get the feeling this is a job for a pro isnt it?
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
Belive me, it sounds like a good idea at the time, but usually doesn't turn out well. Just take it to a luthier to be sure.
You could drill it out, or you could super glue a nail onto the remaining screw and when it dries slowly unscrew it that may not work depending on how stuck it is there.
You can use a a screw extractor to get this out. Search Amazon for examples. In the future, I would pre-drill the hole. I'm guessing you didn't?

Regards,

Rob
nah i pre drilled, just not big enough...
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

Either drill it out, fill it, and do it over again. OR. Move back a quarter of an inch and make another hole. Really quite simple actually.
^ it wont affect any tone/sustain?
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

I'd say tap it out, and try it again there, don't get so carried away this time!

Luthiers are for the tough shit, like when you're building and acoustic or have some kind of strangle technical problem with electronics. This is basic wood working. I can see how you could get worked up about it but it's nothing to panic about.
^

^

aight thanks guys, i might as well tackle this myself, if all else fails, ill just move it back an eigth of an inch..

-rob
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130