I've got some money in my pocket, and guess who needs a distortion pedal. I was looking at the Big Muff Pi, and all the reviews said it had a classic sound. I like that, but i'm also gonna need some new stuff like metallica, iron maiden, and so on. Does it work with that kind of stuff, and how does it sound in general. thanks.
i thought it was more of a fuzz pedal... but for harder distortion look into EH's metal muff...
My Gear
Agile AL-3000 Prestige Slim Profile Neck
Schecter C-1 PLUS
Washburn WD18SW Solid-Wood Acoustic
Vox AD30vt with the VFS2 footswitch
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox wah pedal
The EHX Big Muff Pi is a fuzz pedal. Try out the Russian Muff or the Metal Muff.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
The EHX Big Muff Pi is a fuzz pedal. Try out the Russian Muff or the Metal Muff.

i have the russian one and it doesnt do metal at all. if you want metal, get the metal muff.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
is this pedal good for GRUNGE though?
There is so much free time in college.
Thus I procrastinate.
Thus I get better at Guitar.
How would it do for Pink Floyd OR Zeppelin? OR any classic rock in general, would the Big Muff Pi be good? Or is it better to just use an OD or distortion.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
it would do good for zeppelin
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
The Big Muff does grunge. Nirvana uses it in a few tracks on Nevermind, like Breed and a little bit in Lithium.
The Big Muff CANNOT play metal. It's a fuzz pedal. Sounds like Mudhoney, Nirvana, Radiohead, etc. It's not a very versatile pedal; it's a one trick pony. However, it does that one trick really well so I suggest trying it out and seeing if you like it or not.
^ Yep. It's pretty much THE fuzz pedal for bass or for grunge, does it great. Thought if you play bass you're better off with a Russian one.

As far as it being a one trick pony, that's not entirely true. If you use for fuzz then yes, it is. It basically only has light - heavy fuzz and bassy - treble. It will always sound like a Big Muff.

But it's a bloody loud pedal. Try turning the sustain all the way down and the volume all the way up. Interesting dark glassy blues "cleans" and great as a boost.

And no, a Big Muff won't do metal. They don't even get any chug. This is a different kind of "hi-gain."
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock