Okay, basically I've got a fender, i bought it like 5 years ago at a flee market for $70. I've played it and played it and its pretty well worn down, i think it gives it character, but id like a few suggestions on what kind of humbucker you would recomend because i'm looking to put one in at the bridge.

Let me know what you think!
here are some photos ive taken over the years in its progression of shittyness.

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS
Quote by Costanza
Seymour Duncan Dimebucker

Thats one shitty and overpriced pickup, if you want a Dimebag pup, get a Billl Lawrence XL-500, pwns the hell out of the Dimebucker and is cheaper as well.

What kinda music you play and whats the price range.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Thats one shitty and overpriced pickup

Actually, my opinion is different of the dimebucker, but it also depends on what guitar it goes in/choice of woods and so on... but yea they maybe overpriced...

But there are loads of pickups to choose from, but considering we dont know what style of music you play its kind of hard to suggest a pickup for you...
Quote by Collibus
Actually, my opinion is different of the dimebucker, but it also depends on what guitar it goes in/choice of woods and so on... but yea they maybe overpriced...

But there are loads of pickups to choose from, but considering we dont know what style of music you play its kind of hard to suggest a pickup for you...

haha wow, totally didnt think about that, sry

im more into the 90's alternative sound, and classic rock, im not into the death metal
Last edited by squeezemydong at Jan 8, 2007,
Quote by Collibus

Well, as the sound of it is subjecgive, it is still extremly overpriced, especially when you can get a more authentic pup for only 60 bucks.

But yeah, www.guitarfetish.com is great site if you want nice pups at a low price.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
May I say, that guitar is beautiful.

What kind of music do you like to play?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Those stickers were hideous, but that's a fine guitar you got there. It looks brand new to me. You said it was worn.
Quote by Pacifica112J
Those stickers were hideous, but that's a fine guitar you got there. It looks brand new to me. You said it was worn.

well, the one picture is of it 5 years ago, the one where its all brand new and stuff, but i mean worn as in the body and the paint is becoming worn down from continuous rocking out and there are some chips (huge chips) in the paint, but i think that gives it character. and i agree with the stickers being hideous... i put them on a while ago, and im very unhappy with them, i wanted it to look a little more charactorized. but other than that, the neck is newer, i mean, i replaced it about 3 years ago because i had thrown the guitar around my body trying to be cool, and it came off the strap and slammed into the cement, and the truss rod broke, and it was all to hell, but the neck i got now is just a no name neck, but it works fine, the pickguard and pickups are new, theyre the original ones that came on it, i had changed them out before, but just recently i found them. but i still have yet to find a good humbucker for my strat.

so if any of you have any suggestions of a humbucker with a nice warm rock tone, id appreciate it.
I think it's not a fender, cause it's made from plywood, so I don't believe you when you say it's a replacement neck.

I have a Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom humbucker (F-spaced) in the bridge of my '92 RG550, and it works really well for the kind of stuff I play. Nice PAF sound to it, but beefed up. Will do classic rock and the like, and will go heavier too. Really versatile pickup.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.