whats up yall, i was at my techs shop today and i was looking at the guitars he had and he has two S470's. one is dark green, has a Lo-TRS trem, AH2/AS1/AH1 pups, serial number C7116180, pearl dot inlay and the other is black, Lo-TRS II trem, AH2/AS1/AH1 pups, serial number C9030152, and pearl dot inlays also. both are $400 each. i played them both and they both held tuning perfectally, and i put the trems through hell for about half an hour on each guitar. the black ones cavity seemed a little deeper and the springs were also really noisy and squikey. which one would be the better one to go for? also, which year is each guitar? thanks in advance
Preferably 97 and 99

ZR trem in nowadays S is much better. If you're thinking of swapping the Lo-TRS to an OFR, than you'd need to custom order the trem block since the body is really thin.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
In my opinion, I would avoid them because I think they're overpriced. I see S470's with LoTRs trems at my local guitar shop for around 300-350. If I were you I'd get 100 bucks more and buy a new S470 with the ZR bridge.

This is kind of off topic, but do you have any videos or recordings of your Ibanez SZ520 through your AT-212?
i was thinking 97 and 99 also. and i know how good the ZR trem is, but the Lo-TRS took a lot of abuse and stayed in perfect tune. and i would keep it stock, not change it to a floyd.

and no, i dont have anything of my playing my SZ520 yet, been really busy, but im hoping to do something tonight. all PM you if and when its up.
The Lo-TRS may bound to fail.

If you really want a 2nd hand S, hunt the ones with an Edge/LoPro in it.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
for 300-350, get a used RG5xx. Better pickups, etc etc.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
im not a big fan of RG's, i dont like the body style really, im more of a Sabre man, thats why i have two SZ's and i was looking into the S.

and ive posted this on the Ibanez.com forum and it seem like everyone thinks the green one is the one to go for, which i was orginally think. i can always talk the guy donw on price, i do give him a shit load of business
lo-trs is shit.

lo-trs II is worse.

however, the lo-trs II has the right size studs for a direct trem swap for OFR, other than the trem block being the wrong size, as mad said.

I'd avoid them, personally, but then I have a long-running vendetta against the lo-trs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lo-trs III is the crappiest (: (sarcasm alert, but also agreeing to above)

Get a RG5xx instead, with $350.
Quote by Dave_Mc
lo-trs is shit.

lo-trs II is worse.

however, the lo-trs II has the right size studs for a direct trem swap for OFR, other than the trem block being the wrong size, as mad said.

I'd avoid them, personally, but then I have a long-running vendetta against the lo-trs.

but doest herman li's S guitars have the Lo-TRS bridge? cause he does some serious whammy shit and it hold just fine
li uses a lo-trs and swears by it . it is not very good but if your lucky it will be fine
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
I found a s custom ,with a edge and maple neck/fretboardfor $299.99 on musicgoround.com but i cant link it because i am on my nintendo wii's browser
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
i think im going to go for it, it seem like the trem was perfectlly fine when i played it. and since its used and i bring the guy a lot of business i can probally talk him down to $300
Quote by lp_dude_2
but doest herman li's S guitars have the Lo-TRS bridge? cause he does some serious whammy shit and it hold just fine

I highly doubt that, the lo-trs is a piece of shit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
look not a edge or a zr, it is a lo-trs
and
Quote by shredlamode
Neck is a bit thicker on the S470, gives a warmer sound.. the TRS isn't THAT bad and the frets are bigger. S540 is now a back up of the 470! DOH
But come on, give me 24frets!
that is herman li
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
^ interesting.

maybe that's a 3-minute old lo-trs, and he switches it out for a new one every week?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bet you infinity dollars its a Lo-Pro Edge. not Lo-TRS
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

^ it's a lo-trs, I'd know that infernal outline anywhere...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh..well..in that case, im out of infinity dollars
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

well im picking it up monday. made a deal for $350 out the door. and ive talked to herman on jemsite.com and he said how the guitar with the Lo-TRS was his main guitar for like 12 years and how it never failed him.

I have bad eyesight, i just thought I saw the EP on that vid.

On closer look, it's a Lo-TRS>
zomg.
Quote by lp_dude_2
well im picking it up monday. made a deal for $350 out the door. and ive talked to herman on jemsite.com and he said how the guitar with the Lo-TRS was his main guitar for like 12 years and how it never failed him.

Well, if you like it, then no one can stop you

Make sure you set it up really well all the time and always keep less pressure to it by not having too heavy gauges in there
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I dont recommend using 10s much on this guitar as you're putting more pressure to the Lo-TRS and giving away more chance of the knife edge to deteriorate. But if you still insist, then happily use it till it breaks.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03

Make sure you set it up really well all the time and always keep less pressure to it by not having too heavy gauges in there

I recognize this as Faz's way of saying 'omg, this guy is hopeless, I guess..sigh..'

Remember, just because famous people do it or use it doesn't mean it's good or right.
Just because Zakk used MGs doesn't mean it's good (starts flame war)
Just because Yngwie anchors doesn't mean it's right (starts another flame war)
Quote by madpickin03

I used 9's exclusively on my lo-trs- except for once when I switched to 10's, and switched back pretty quick because I hated them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the deal with trs is not a bad design , it is just soft(er) metal thus it will in one microsoft second( a second - 20years) wear out
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Here, ill be kind and post you the extreme "yet so easy" mods that you can do to significantly improve your tuning stability and the health of your bridge
http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Tavern/index.php?showtopic=915

Quote by Dave_Mc
I used 9's exclusively on my lo-trs- except for once when I switched to 10's, and switched back pretty quick because I hated them.

Yes dave, you have my simpathy
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by madpickin03
Here, ill be kind and post you the extreme "yet so easy" mods that you can do to significantly improve your tuning stability and the health of your bridge
http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Tavern/index.php?showtopic=915

thanks man