whats the difference? whats beter?
Gibson Zoot Suit in Rainbow
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Where are the ladies, man?
Well, Maple fretboards add 5 nps to your playing and Rosewood adds +5 feel points.

no real difference.
High as tits
Depends on which color you get. I got maple with my sunburst because it looked better.
Signatures are too mainstream
I'm a fan of maple. That's what my strat has, and I just think it feels better. IMO I think I play cleaner and faster with a maple rather than a rosewood fret board.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Maple produces a brighter sound and is harder than Rosewood. Rosewood produces a darker sound and is softer. Thing is, it really doesn't prove much on Electric Guitars, seeing how the amp and pickups make like 99% of the sound.

It's mostly preference. Try guitars with maple and rosewood fretboards and then decide which you like better. I'm kinda in the middle.
Sent from my iPad.
Even if it doesn't make a difference, I personally like ebony.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Maple is awesome!
u can get sweet sweat stains and they look cool
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Doesn't matter to me, but I think I like rosewood a bit more...though I have it all...a maple, a rosewood, and two ebonies...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
My Strat is maple and my acoustic is rosewood.
Rosewood is not as sturdy as maple is, therefore after about one year of play you will notice little cracks in Rosewood, as opposed to maple, which is much harder and produces a brighter sound. I like maple, just cuz it looks better on my strat and is much smoother in my opinion for electric
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
I like maple on guitars that I want to look classy and old, like my '76 P bass. I like rosewood on more artistic guitars like my hollowbody.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
i like my maple neck on my telecaster, sounds sweet as and its really bright sounding, so i kill the treble on the amp and it sound heavy as...

think tom morello
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Once again...it's the NME, they're notorious for being dumbasses. I know that, and I live in Texas for Christ's sake!

"If you think you've got it, shove it out, run it up the flagpole, and see who salutes it."
Maple cause I think it's easier to slide around the fretboard with. I have no idea but mine is maple and I like it so maple FTW.
What's up?
I like to contrast, so if my guitar is dark, then maple, if its light then rosewood
hue