I am going to record some vocal tracks on monday for some simple home recordings. I am an okay singer but the thing is ive never really prepared before singing. So i was wondering, is there anything that really loosens up vocal chords and maybe is there anything i can do sunday night to loosen them up?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I read that warm drinks and such will deepen your voice (and cold tighten). Maybe you could experiment with that, but if you will, try and research what to drink because I read some things are better than others.
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
When we do sight singing in theory class, we were taught to make loud whooooooop noises. Just make sure you cover a long range of pitches. Fun and useful
Helium.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Depends really, tea is probably the best for all ranges. Lower voices looking to higher their range should stick with lukewarm water and maybe a throat losange. I personally prefer strained sounding vocals so I drink almost nothing before singing. Keep in mind I'm a professional that knows what theyre doing. Ask a pro vocal coach before straining your chords purposely.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Gargle with warm water, stay away from any dairy products or anything with caffeine, anything with carbonation at all, actually...don't eat any chocolate...uh...that's about all I know. Just random shit I've picked up from being a choir kid for 3 years...and if you have a piano (or maybe even the guitar), try doing some warm-ups with scales and stuff...just sing with the instrument, as long as you stay in your range. And I agree with Sloopy, tea is the best thing you can drink before singing...better than water, I daresay.
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
thanks, anyone else???
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9