How versatile is the B-52 in comparison to the Peavey? And can the Peavey do metal at all? I would like to get sound from an amp that can do a sound like say Fall of Troy's but can also get a sound like Paul Gilbert or even something like Yngwie. Pedals aren't a problem, so if i need a booster for the versatility, suggest some. Thanks
the b-52

im not sure if peavey classics would suit metal.

but the b-52 does
Ibanez JTK1 in Butterscotch
Ibanez SAS36FM
Roland Cube40 Chorus
Quote by pullmeunder
B-52

+1
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by IlIk2plygUItAr
I find the B 52 too buzzy.
I hear a tube change fixes that. In any case, B-52 ftw!
ive been looking at the 112 too, but i have my doubts about it in comoparison to the higher end b-52's, because it only has one gain setting, and no switchable recto types. thoughts?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
B-52, there is slight buzzing if you have the gain up really high (7-9 area) but nothing a noise gate can't fix. The ISP Decimator works perfect for mine.

Besides that the amp is very versatile..
Equipment:

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez SA160
B-52 At-100
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
ISP Decimator
The Peavey won't do metal by itself.
Good amp, but not very high in gain.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
No, it wouldn't, get the B-52.

/thread.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Alright, so everyone that posted is saying I can get BOTH the fall of troy like distortion and then a metal distortion in a B-52?
Yes.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
I've heard Comparison clips of a B-52 and a Mesa Dual Recto. The guy was able to dial in metal tones that sounded just like the Mesa.

Get the B-52 if you want metal.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
^ If youre talking about the one Im thinking of..lol That guy EQed both amps soooo horribly. It sounded like a wet buttcrack fart.

But yeah. Idk dude. The B-52 is great FOR THE PRICE. But you might need an EQ pedal + an OD to get somewhat close to the Fall of Troy's sound. IMO.
The Peavey, ill admit, is hard to get a good 'metal' sound, but you can if your willing to invest in pedals (which you say you are) as it hasnt got much gain on its own.

But hey, theres never a problem with buying an EQ pedal and OD/dist (whichever you prefer)