What are some of the better local acts in your area?

They can have some sort of deal or whatever, just as long as they're relatively local.

Tribal Rose

I was actually in this band, and great friends with the guitarist and drummer, but I left before we got the bassist (we actually switched playing bass guitar for the longest), or the demos. "Tribute" (not a Tenacious D cover) and "Forgiven" are my favorites, and are also songs I helped develop.

The second song i okay, I was there when it was newer, and it's got a good vibe, but it's a little too metalcore for me in some parts, but it still has a decent solos, the verse isn't bad. And the last one is new to me, good, but I don't like the vocals much.

Then there's, The Prmoetheans

Great metal band. I'm good friends with the bassist, and they're a great act to see live. "Gasoline IV" is one of their older songs, but the current version is the newest demo with the background vocals, and "Darl" is just great.

So, what about you guys?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
one local band called skelexin. pretty brutal, i'll see if they've put anything on myspace yet.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Violet Star, a very, very, VERY good Rock Band, what you call "Masters of Harmony". Unfortunately they don't update their Purevolume page, but if you watch it for awhile they'll post some vids.
The Finklestein Shit Kids is a crazy ska band from ottawa. I know the trombone player. Th'ey're a crazy bunch of people.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
There's a cool band called Raise Up Roofbeams. There really good, and they use a bunch of really weird and random instruments in their songs. But none of you metalheads would like them.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
My Gear:
-1984 Fender Stratocaster
-Epiphone Les Paul <- The Worlds Nicest
-Gretsch Duo Jet
-Takamine EG334BC
-Mr.Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Marshall Jackhammer Distortion/Overdrive Pedal
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay Pedal
-Peavey Classic 50 4X10
The Love and Terror Cult is a band that's local here in Mississauga and i think they're gonna make it big some day. They're really, really good. If you like hardcore and death metal check them out.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dead Man in Reno Bitches
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
the Rydells. i haven't heard them but i hear their good.
and my band Frottage especially. we're sweet.
Silverchair
WOOOOOO

see I can say that because they live in Newcastle....and I live in Newcastle

hazza!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
They're in my sig.

Alcorine is from Bloomington, Indiana, which is near where I used to live.
The other two are from Habersham County, Georgia, though they've since moved, which is where I live when I'm not at university.

The K-Macks Endeavor is the best, I think.
Can't stop the signal.
Some great tracks in this thread!

In Fiction - Melodic Rock/Pop-Punky Emo stuff
www.myspace.com/infictionmusic

Picketfence - Acoustic/Rock/Pop Punky/Chick Vocals
www.myspace.com/picketfencemusic
They dont' have much online at this stage but are pretty sweet!

Wendy Icon - Metal/Rock/80s REVIVAL **** YEAH!!!!!!!
www.myspace.com/wendyicon

All good bands!
Only A Hero is pretty good. myspace.com/onlyaheroband/ (i think)
I guess they're supposed to be emo but I like it. They're pretty big around where I live.
I wish I had a sig.

Instrumental preference: Bass and/or vocals (lead or backup)

Quote by Zeppelin256
You're a member of UG.

And you don't want to have buttsecks?

Get the fuck off my internets.
Quote by Krulin

oi you took my sig quote
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96
oi you took my sig quote
Raped.
I wish I had a sig.

Quote by Zeppelin256
You're a member of UG.

Quote by Krulin
Raped.

you've made a grave enemy this day...Krulin..

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96
you've made a grave enemy this day...Krulin..
I win
I wish I had a sig.

Quote by Zeppelin256
You're a member of UG.

Holy.....shit.....

I just got back from this loca show I went to, to see two of my friend's bands, and there was this band, called Soup, one of the best fucking jam bands I've ever heard.

Their Myspace is a really good look into their style, but like every good jam band, they're utterly amazing live. Seriously, I was FLOORED, and I'm hardly ever floored by bands these days.

Sure, I have bandsthat I absolutely love, and I'm floored once in a while, but this band is just...

Man, just listen.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Definitely read the title as "Good Local Bands in your ass"
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Forever Mourne, a local black metal band, and No Souls Lost, a death metal band, are both really good. Check out their Decapitated cover, it rules. I'm too lazy to post links, find them yourself. Also, if I may be so bold, my band is good (I think). Check out the link in my sig.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM