ok.. so i have a rly crappy ibanez that i got for $150.. i barely ever play it so i was thinking to fix it up and make all cool and shiny.. what im gonna do is put on a floyd rose, new pickups, and new tuners, and a new finish.. so my question is how much would this cost approximately? also what pickups shld i get? its a HSH, and i play mostly classic rock
Quote by your mom
wow.. ggmIdas is so good in bed
Quote by your dad
basically, ggmIdas can pleasure the ladies better than me.. and he could totally kick my ass
Last edited by ggmIdas at Jan 9, 2007,
ok.. any ideas on what kin of pickups i shld get?
Quote by your mom
Quote by your dad
basically, ggmIdas can pleasure the ladies better than me.. and he could totally kick my ass
yea.. i have 2 other guitars.. and theyr both rly good sounding.. and this one is just crap.. ive tried selling it.. but no, so im gonna make it sound better
Quote by your mom
Quote by your dad
it depends on what pups you get and also on what FR you get, cause if it is licensed it will be around the 100s, but a real one is around the 200s. Pickups range from 30 dollars for a set all the way to 200+ so it really depends on what you buy

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
ok.. so now im not gonna be getting a floyd rose cos its way too expensive for me..and no i dont know what wood its made of.. and once again what pickups shld i get?
Quote by your mom
Quote by your dad
do you know the model of it? The wood of the guitar is one of the important factors in getting a good tone (IMO). Of course, tone varies with wood to wood, but nothing good comes from plywood. I say once you know the wood, then decide on the pickups.

And use the search button for pickup questions. Theres an abundance of them on here, you're bound to find someone asking the same as you.
it depends what tone you want to get... i would check out GFS pickups, thats what i have in my strat and they sound very nice+they are cheap!

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Classic rock?
HSH?
Hmm....Coupla combos in mind...I'm a Seymour Duncan fan, so keep that in mind..

Similiar to my setup, only with a middle pickup...Well balanced in terms of output.
Neck - SH-2 Jazz - Warm cleans up top, and it makes for good rhythms as well.
Middle - SL59-1 Little ‘59 - single coil sized humbucker. Just a thought. The '59 is a PAF humbucker, so it's perfect for classic rock.
Bridge - SH-5 Duncan Custom - Slightly more aggressive PAF style bridge pickup. Great for classic and hard rock, has some nice crunchy rhythm with some distortion, and hot leads as well.

More bluesy in the bridge...The middle pickup has a little less output because it's a single coil, but just raise the pickup height a bit, but not too much, and also lower the neck pickup just a bit.
Neck - SH-1 '59 - Again, Seymour Duncan's PAF style humbucker. Great for classic rock.
Middle - SSL52-1b Five-Two - Single coil this time. Alnico 5 magnet on the 3 thicker strings, and an Alnico II magnet on the treble strings. Notice the B on the model number. It stands for the bridge model, which has a slightly higher output than the normal model. This'll help balance it out more.
Bridge - SH-PG1 Pearly Gates - Bluesy humbucker based off a Vintage kinda rock sound, good for classic rock, as well. Good amount of top end on this one.
screw the floyd and get an original edge. better imo
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
try some seymore duncan pickups
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
yea.. the neck is maple, and the body is basswood
Quote by your mom
Quote by your dad
Quote by ggmIdas
ok.. so now im not gonna be getting a floyd rose cos its way too expensive for me..and no i dont know what wood its made of.. and once again what pickups shld i get?

i assume you have a fixed bridge ... so get a Wilkinsons Tremolo instead
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by forsaknazrael
Classic rock?
HSH?
Hmm....Coupla combos in mind...I'm a Seymour Duncan fan, so keep that in mind..

Similiar to my setup, only with a middle pickup...Well balanced in terms of output.
Neck - SH-2 Jazz - Warm cleans up top, and it makes for good rhythms as well.
Middle - SL59-1 Little ‘59 - single coil sized humbucker. Just a thought. The '59 is a PAF humbucker, so it's perfect for classic rock.
Bridge - SH-5 Duncan Custom - Slightly more aggressive PAF style bridge pickup. Great for classic and hard rock, has some nice crunchy rhythm with some distortion, and hot leads as well.

More bluesy in the bridge...The middle pickup has a little less output because it's a single coil, but just raise the pickup height a bit, but not too much, and also lower the neck pickup just a bit.
Neck - SH-1 '59 - Again, Seymour Duncan's PAF style humbucker. Great for classic rock.
Middle - SSL52-1b Five-Two - Single coil this time. Alnico 5 magnet on the 3 thicker strings, and an Alnico II magnet on the treble strings. Notice the B on the model number. It stands for the bridge model, which has a slightly higher output than the normal model. This'll help balance it out more.
Bridge - SH-PG1 Pearly Gates - Bluesy humbucker based off a Vintage kinda rock sound, good for classic rock, as well. Good amount of top end on this one.

I have Seymour Duncans in my RG550, and I really like them too. I have a '59/Classic Stacked Strat/Duncan Custom Trembucker combo, and it really is great. Great for the classic rock and blues I play, and the Duncan Custom really cuts through and does some nice higher gain stuff too. Cleans on the bridge pickup aint ths best as its ceramic, but the other two more than make up for the Custom lacking in cleans. Really versatile setup, and I haven't added any switches yet either
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
^ Good idea. I haven't even thought about adding anything extra or fiddling with the wiring on it yet, but it seems like a good idea.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.