Hey i was thinking of getting a multieffects pedalboard and i dont really have the option of tring any out except for a few crappy digitech so whats good out there? Im thinking something out of the Boss Gt8, Digitech Gnx4 or a korg one but any suggestions would be helpful. Cheers

Also, anyone know much about the rocktron banshee talkbox? Any good?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
ok well, i dont really know about any of those, but truly, a multi fx board is nice and all, but getting the individual fx produces a far better sound and is bettter overall than a multifx station. but otherwise ive heard good things about the boss, i dunno much about the others.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
i just got the gt-8 for christmas, i have no idea how to use it yet, but ive looked at videos of it being used and glanced through the manual, and this thing can do anything. i dont know about the others, but the gt-8 is great.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
Yes I have heard exceptional things about the GT8. Does it have like synth effects that like make it sound like a piano or orchestral strings cause that wud b sweet.

What about the Ibanez weeping demon wah? Im listening to the demo now it sounds pretty kul
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

I've owned a GT-8, GNX3000 and a Line 6 PODxtLive and have stuck with the PODXTL because I also use the amp modeling and I think it's a little better than the others in that regard. For FX sound quality I think the GT-8 is just as good and has more routing options, although it doesn't have as many FX as the PODXTL. All three units have synth-type effects but I personally think those are the weakest-sounding in terms of sound quality.

BTW, all three of these units have sound quality that's comparable to most pedals, despite popular opinion. It's just a matter of learning to program them properly for the amp you're running them through.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Last edited by fatgraymatt at Jan 9, 2007,
I just got a Line 6 Floor POD... I like it a lot.
Ibanez SZ320MH
Jay Turser Strat
Vox 15R
Custom Built Fuzz Face
Line 6 Floor POD
^^^cheers thats a lot of help. I like the sound of a lot of the g8s features like the combining amp models etc. Its true evry1 says get the proper pedals but the other guitarist in my band has got a vox tonelab se and its freakin sweet. All i have is a digitech rp50 and a dunlop gcb95. Thinkningh of selling them both and getting a gt8, talkbox, and possibly an ibanez wd7
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by fatgraymatt
I've owned a GT-8, GNX3000 and a Line 6 PODxtLive and have stuck with the PODXTL because I also use the amp modeling and I think it's a little better than the others in that regard. For FX sound quality I think the GT-8 is just as good and has more routing options, although it doesn't have as many FX as the PODXTL. All three units have synth-type effects but I personally think those are the weakest-sounding in terms of sound quality.

BTW, all three of these units have sound quality that's comparable to most pedals, despite popular opinion. It's just a matter of learning to program them properly for the amp you're running them through.

Same show as Matt, but I stuck with the GT-8. I got rid of a lot of stomps after picking up the GT-8. It's a great box, and like he said, if you set it up use it correctly, there really isn't much of a difference in tone. I'm waiting to get my Mesa to see how the whole show sounds togther. And as far as using a weeping demon, don't...the wah build in to the GT-8 is great and very responsive. I started out using my Morley BH-2 with the GT-8 but dumped it because the onboard wah did a better job.