i just found out they are going to start reproducing the 555 for 2007 any one know the specs?(for the 2007 model)
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
BK and WH, there's a very high chance they're gonna replace the EdgePro II with an Edge III.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
BK and WH, there's a very high chance they're gonna replace the EdgePro II with an Edge III.

that sucks...
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Still be made in Korea, low possibility that it'll be moved to Indonesian production
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
price roughly?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Roughly around $800-900

Just get a prestige, period...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i hope they wont change it to edge III. not unless they upgrade it..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Awesome, thats only about £400-£450 in GBP....I'll be getting one of them I think
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Awesome, thats only about £400-£450 in GBP....I'll be getting one of them I think

No don't!

They'll still sell it for the £600 going on £700 its being sold over here.
Also an RG1570 or even an RG2550e (has a pickguard and some other extras) both prestige, and better than the 555 cos the 555 has crappier pickups than the prestige, a really bad trem (the ones you get on £200 ibanez trem guitars) the basswood is apparently shoddy basswood, build quality won't be good, and it doenst look anywhere near as good as the proper JEM7V
ok I wont then lol
nah i probably wouldnt anyway, i'm more into the JS series than the JEM series.....if i ever did buy it i would put some decent pups in it anyway, like im gonna do when i get me epi les paul (can't afford a gibson)

EDIT: also i notice you made the same mistake as me in buying the mg100 lol, and beat me to it in buying the S470....i want one but i hear they're discontinued
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Last edited by SurfinWithSatch at Jan 9, 2007,
Quote by godofshred
ahem, the evo's are some of the best pups around....

Despite that, you can still get a better guitar for the price... and you can change the pickups to what you want

Quote by SurfinWithSatch
EDIT: also i notice you made the same mistake as me in buying the mg100 lol, and beat me to it in buying the S470....i want one but i hear they're discontinued

You can still find the S470 about, or you can try and get the S520...
Also, don't get the JS100, they are just as bad as the JEM555... and they don't even come with the pickups Satch uses!
Quote by godofshred
^tbh, pickups are subjective, tis how it sounds to your ears. the cheap pup in my strat S.H soudns great to me. its all personal tastes.
i love the evo's in my jem

Hmm.... you're right However, comparing the JEM555 to say, an Ibanez Prestige, the Prestige will be much better than the JEM with much better parts and craftmanship. Soundwise, just gotta try them out, eh?
Quote by madpickin03
Roughly around $800-900

Just get a prestige, period...

+ infinity.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SurfinWithSatch

seriously, just get an rg1570 instead, it's a much better guitar. EDIT: we were right about the MG, weren't we?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by godofshred
ahem, the evo's are some of the best pups around....

yes but, when i said decent, i meant insane.....but if I was to get a JEM with evo's it would be a JEM7V. I didn't say the evo's were bad, just said i'd change them to something more suited to me.
Quote by Mwoit
Also, don't get the JS100, they are just as bad as the JEM555... and they don't even come with the pickups Satch uses!

Man I'm stupid enough to have bought an mg100 but I aint stupid enough to get a JS100 lol, the only time I would ever get one is if it was like under £100 and in mint condition lol so not gonna happen ya know
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by Dave_Mc
seriously, just get an rg1570 instead, it's a much better guitar. EDIT: we were right about the MG, weren't we?

dude theres no "instead" i aint gonna buy it lol

and how do you mean "we were right about the mg wernt we" i wasnt posting on UG when i bought it (only started posting on here in the start of december) but yes it does seriously suck, as we all know (well now i do at least) it was just one of those stupid purchases that after you get it you think to yourself "why on earth did i do that".....there glad thats sorted
EDIT: Oh and before the enevitable UG flaming such as "you dumbass why did you buy it blah blah blah" I'm sure I'm not the only person to ever make a mistake, also at least I'm not one of these that hates their gear but defend it with all their might (like some people I know) .......NOW it's sorted, good rant there, well half rant
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Last edited by SurfinWithSatch at Jan 9, 2007,
^ touche. I think i confused your saying "it's not too bad" with "i'm going to buy it anyway", lol.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?