Anyone practice archery? (Thats bows and arrows) I use a bare bones 300 pound fiberglass bow(no fancy pulleys or attachments) with a lethal range of over 300 feet, give or take. I've been shooting since I was 9, and though I'm not really one to brag (yes I am), I'm damn good at it. Usually when I can get a weekend off, I like to go on a survivalist bow hunting expedition, where you and a number of others hunt as a 'pack' in order to catch food easier. You bring your bow, the clothes you have on, and however many arrows you want to carry. It's grueling, but fun. However, I digress. Are there any other practitioners of mankind's forgotten ancestral heritage?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
I'm thinking of joining my school's archery club....

They call me Genghis
hue
Last edited by sock_demon at Jan 9, 2007,
I took an archery course a while back, but stoped after I completed it because the equipment was too expensive. But it's something I loved to do, I'll probably look into it a bit more when I'm older.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
i had a bow when i was younger. havent really done it in a while. we did it a bit in school last year, and i was still ok at it. wouldnt mind getting back into it sometime. its quite fun.
We used to make bows and pretend to be indians all the time when I was like 10-12, if that counts?
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
my dad bought a bow, arrows and 2 sexy hunting arrows but he never uses them. i tried to shoot a bird once but he outsmarted me.
Co-President of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Me, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
I have a compound bow i hunt with. Its fun... doesnt shoot any where near 300 yards; and i dont think you can shoot somthing 300 yards with a bow either, but anyway. yes i use a bow everyday.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Yeah ...Legolas can't touch this.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Quote by NotOneWithNames
I have a compound bow i hunt with. Its fun... doesnt shoot any where near 300 yards; and i dont think you can shoot somthing 300 yards with a bow either, but anyway. yes i use a bow everyday.

Medieval longbows shot at around 220 yards, so I think they might have evolved that extra 80 yards by now. Unless of course you mean he couldn't hit something that far away, but since you've never met him that would be a bit stupid.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
I did archery once.. I sucked so bad at it

The string from the bow kept wacking my arm everytime I shot, it hurt.
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
I've been doing archery since i was seven. I use a Perfect line 75 pound cobra compound , I'm not one to brag also but i can hit a 5 cent piece from 110 metres away.

TS , you have a 300 pound bow??? no one and i mean no one would be able to pull that. most people cant even pull my 75.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by NotOneWithNames

I'm lethal up to 300 feet. 1 yard=3 feet, I could probably shoot much further, but the way we hunt doesnt really recquire additional distance.

Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
I've been doing archery since i was seven. I use a Perfect line 75 pound cobra compound , I'm not one to brag also but i can hit a 5 cent piece from 110 metres away.

TS , you have a 300 pound bow??? no one and i mean no one would be able to pull that. most people cant even pull my 75.

Damn man, you've got the gift lol.

I may be wrong about the 300 pound, I only estimated based off a friend who shoots a 150 pound, and he can't use mine. It might be a 200, maybe?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by The Leader
Anyone practice archery? (Thats bows and arrows) I use a bare bones 300 pound fiberglass bow(no fancy pulleys or attachments) with a lethal range of over 300 feet, give or take. I've been shooting since I was 9, and though I'm not really one to brag (yes I am), I'm damn good at it. Usually when I can get a weekend off, I like to go on a survivalist bow hunting expedition, where you and a number of others hunt as a 'pack' in order to catch food easier. You bring your bow, the clothes you have on, and however many arrows you want to carry. It's grueling, but fun. However, I digress. Are there any other practitioners of mankind's forgotten ancestral heritage?

w00t bowhunting!! That survivalist bowhunting thing sounds like the greatest thing ever. I'll have to try that sometime in life. I got a compound bow back in September, but I haven't been able to hunt with it yet.
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
Quote by sock_demon

They call me Genghis

I wanted to join St. A's archery club but I was too late and it was already full. ****in' Colin got in though.
I did archery for a while. I have a 35# recurve bow that I bought off my neighbour. It's not bad, but I didn't have the time to do it very often, so I wasn't terribly good.

There was a guy at my club who made long bows. I wanted him to build me one, but he was charging $500 each for them... fair enough though, I think he put a lot of work into them.
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
I don't believe you shoot a 300# draw recurve.

I haven't shot in a while because I can't afford a new bow quite yet; for a while I was shooting a Martin Pantera but a friend dry-fired it and fucked it up severely. I shoot indoor and the local 3D circuit. My rig is a Copper John ANTS field sight, a 4x Toxonics Retina Burner scope, an Easton 30" carbon fiber stabilizer, Blackhawk Vapor 5000 carbon 31" arrows, 70# 30" draw. I love shooting and have been doing it for about 12 years.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by sock_demon

They call me Genghis

And I'm Timur.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Ages ago I had like a 35 pound bow. I used to get a really old wardrobe and but it out in my massive back yard and take shots at it. I very much neglected the bow though. It broke and all the arrows went astray. Was very fun though, I would like to own a Longbow and some older medieval style arrows in the future.
Here's an archery noob question..

I've never really understood, why do bows get messed up when you dry-fire them? Isn't it just the same, but without pushing anything?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
When you release the string, the arrow flexes, and the energy of the string is transferred into the projectile. When you dry-fire a bow, there is nothing absorbing the energy, so it goes back into the limbs, cables, and the rest of the bow. Newer bows are built to withstand dry-firing (not habitual), but with an older bow, it can destroy cams, crack the limbs, do all sorts of damage.
Hi, I'm Peter
Ohh....

I suppose that sort of makes sense. I remeber getting screamed at when I dry fired a bow at camp though.
Get baked, study theory.

Yeah... A friend of mine decided to see if he could draw my 70# draw compound bow then proceeded to dry fire it. He bent my cams, snapped my string, and rendered it pretty much unrepairable.
Hi, I'm Peter
Good friend. I imagine you were thrilled.
Get baked, study theory.

yeah. not in a while though. all my stuff is handmade. bow, arrows, quiver. i have trophies somewhere. i also did archery back when i was in scouts.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I had a bow once, it was made of plastic, 12 inches tall and fired arrows with suction pads on the ends.
my dad's cousin was in the olympics for archery back in 2000, in sydney i believe. it was pretty cool, but she made it to the semi's. im not making that up, either.
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
I hunt with a 45lbs reflex/deflex longbow, I cheat though, my arrows aren't cedar, they are carbon which come painted to look like wood (beman classic and gold tip traditional). as much as I love tradional archery with oldschool longbows, I want the latest and greatest arrow technology and durability.

Never tried a 300lbs English warbow like TS though...... would like to !!
Hunting with bare fist They never see it coming
But off topic. Do people still hunt with spears?