Hey Guys!

I just recently bought John Mayer's Guitar tab book and trying to input it to Guitar Pro. Except, I have no idea what the tempo "Slowly, in 2 (dotted crotchet) = 44" mean. And I don't think Guitar Pro allows me to change the tempo crotchet thingy to a dotted crotchet. So could someone help me to convert this tempo to a crotchet tempo or whatever it's called. As you can see my knowledge of musical theory isn't that great. Would really appreciate the help. Thanx!

edit: I forgot to mention I have already got it in 6/8 key time signature and that the song is in the 16th triplet feel.
Last edited by kwoylie at Jan 9, 2007,
You have to change the time singnature from 4 over 4 to 6 over 8
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
Quote by burntfacedog

Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
If it's in 6/8 then just put then number as 44.

EDIT: Wait, if 2 dotted crotchets = 44, then 1 should equal 88?
Last edited by burntfacedog at Jan 9, 2007,
oh sorry yeah I forgot to mention 6/8 key signature.... and that it has the 16th triplet feel. And I have already had the 6/8 key signature. But I don't know what the tempo should be

Quote by burntfacedog
Quote by kwoylie
oh sorry yeah I forgot to mention 6/8 key signature.... and that it has the 16th triplet feel. And I have already had the 6/8 key signature. But I don't know what the tempo should be

Ok... I posted after I read this but my post went above yours.
The only problem is that guitar pro doesn't allow me to do " dotted crotchet = 88 ". It will only allow me to do crotchet = X. Actually I can mathematically convert the dotted crotchet to a crotchet. So the tempo should be crotchet = 59 (2/3 of 88)?

Edit: just tested the song and it seems in sync with it. Thanx you so much this song has been buggin me

Quote by burntfacedog
If it's in 6/8 then just put then number as 44.

EDIT: Wait, if 2 dotted crotchets = 44, then 1 should equal 88?
Last edited by kwoylie at Jan 9, 2007,