Is it worth it to change pickups if all I'm playing through is a Cube 30x? I have an S470 and was thinking about going with a set of DiMarzio's to replace the stock pickups but not sure if it would be worth it or not.
In my opinion...not really. At work, Ill play Squire Strat with crappy stock single coils through it, then change to say a LTD Hybrid with a JB (nice humbucker) in it and it sounds pretty much the same. With amps like those, theyre designed to give you relatively the same sound no matter what you play with.

If you were eventually going to upgrade to a far better amp (tube) then a pickup change might be a good idea in the long run.
Exactly what I did.

That's why I chose to buy the pups first, so I could find an amp that would compliment the pups that I wanted to get...or wanted to sound like.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I replaced the bridge pickup in my Epiphone G310 with an EMG 81 and definitely noticed a significant difference in tone and clarity through my Cube 30.
why does everyone put the emg81 in the bridge, is it ok to put it on the neck position? or will that change the sound?
Quote by rexdime
why does everyone put the emg81 in the bridge, is it ok to put it on the neck position? or will that change the sound?

its a little hot to put in the neck imo
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Cool thanks guys, not gonna replace them cuz I don't plan on getting a Tube since I'm still in the dorms for a long time.