do people use pedals for basses? how do they work? what do they do besides add more distortion? are they useful?
bass wah... tuners... bass equalizers... ummm overdrive/distortion pedals... which IMO sound like crap... i'm sure theres a phaser out there... chorus... compression... synth pedals... amongst many others...
muse bass guy uses distortion to great effect. no pun.
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
Yeah, I'm curious to know about some specific pedals, also. I'm looking into some, most likely a passive volume pedal, wah-wah (awesome for those funky bass lines), and a distortion, which leads me into a question probably asked a thousand times and answered too much.

Death From Above 1979. Could anyone be so kind to name that effect, and such a pedal to bring that about? Particular song, Turn It Out. That kind of sound. I'm not too particular on the beginning screams, that to me sounds like a sort of Octavider or Phase Shifter, if those even make sense in the context I'm stating them in, or if I'm completely off.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by graybass_20x6
Death From Above 1979. Could anyone be so kind to name that effect, and such a pedal to bring that about? Particular song, Turn It Out. That kind of sound. I'm not too particular on the beginning screams, that to me sounds like a sort of Octavider or Phase Shifter, if those even make sense in the context I'm stating them in, or if I'm completely off.

It's a Moog synthesiser I'm afraid - not bass at all!
Wow. So you're saying that whole song is a synth playing, not a bass?

Well crap. I went through the trouble to learn it on bass already. Shoot. Oh well, thanks for the education, smb.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you