Well right now my parents have let me take over a ro0m in the basement. Me and my band have set it all up with all our gear and we want to sound proof it, we have blankets on the walls, but its still very loud throughout the house. So what are some easy ways to sound proof my room, and that are cheap to do.
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
I'd suggest you look into soundproofing foam. It would cost you some, but it's likely to be much more effective than any 'custom' ways to do that. Surprisingly, egg cartons also work quite well for soundproofing.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
mattresses.....there are heaps of threads on this and they say egg cartons don't work...i use matresses and they work good for me i spose you could fill the walls with styrofoam and it would work well.
hmm i was thinking of egg cartons but wont that just reduce echo? also the room isnt big enough for furniture, and i dont think its what im looking for.
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
yea i searched but, im looking to se if anyone had some good ideas here. NO i dont have grounding under our amps, maybe ill try it.
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
try and find some sound proof glass like they use in some studios and cover the walls with it.....might work, i dunno how much it would cost though
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
sounds expensive to do the glass thingy
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
If it sounds good inside the room then i wouldn't worry too much about it. Now if the neighbors start biching then maybe soundproof. My band just covered the garage doors with marshmellow creme and hired circus midgets, but that can be a bit costly depending on midget demands.
I built a home theater in my home a few years back. Sound-proofing a room is a science all into itself. If you want all the poop on this, have a look here and search on "sound proof"...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

To really sound-proof a room, you have to decouple the walls, floor, and ceiling. On the home theater forum, its called a "room-within-a-room". You can also go overboard and make a room too "dead" sounding and that is just as bad as echo. A quick test is the clap test. Clap and if you hear an echo, you have more to do.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Well i have no echo in the room, i guess its form the carpet and blankets on the walls, my nieghbours dont complain at all so maybe ill just leave it alone for now.
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi