that are available at guitarcenter that fit on a p-bass? i like the look of the dunlop ones that dont require installation but i cant find em at gc
i got some sick ones with my fender jazz deluxe, easy to put on and off and work like a charm
Quote by Bing
just get those plastic ones that just go between the strap and the end of the button. Baffles me how some people waste like 80 bucks on the "better" ones.

thats probably the ones im talking about but i cant find em
Quote by Bing
just get those plastic ones that just go between the strap and the end of the button. Baffles me how some people waste like 80 bucks on the "better" ones.

a)they're not plastic then
b)they're a shitload easier
c)they gel with the body of the bass/guitar, rather than looking like a retarded ufo attacked your strap
d)its their money.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I think Im the only one who has strap locks that ARENT Dunlops
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
I have some really cheap plastic ones which don't even have a make on them but they work perfectly. I've had them for over a year and they haven't broken or came off once.
Don't get warwicks (although they seem like they would work well). I got them with my new bass a week ago and still havn't figured out how to geth them on
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
Quote by IndieMetalhead
a)they're not plastic then
b)they're a shitload easier
c)they gel with the body of the bass/guitar, rather than looking like a retarded ufo attacked your strap
d)its their money.

I gotta disagree with you. The plastic is fine, they won't break. They are easy to use, just turn them to take em on or off. Sew them onto your strap and it's even easier. And They don't stick out on your strap when you sew them on, which you're meant to do. Plus you don't have to modify your instrument.

Expensive strap locks can look alot worse IMO, especially when they are bulky and they protrude. But if people want to buy them it is their money.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
I have some plastics one from my local store, £1.20 each and they work fine.
These, in fact:

They're a bit of a bugger to get on and off, but they're good. Just ask, they should have them under the counter.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by TGM
I gotta disagree with you. The plastic is fine, they won't break. They are easy to use, just turn them to take em on or off. Sew them onto your strap and it's even easier . And They don't stick out on your strap when you sew them on, which you're meant to do. Plus you don't have to modify your instrument.

Expensive strap locks can look alot worse IMO, especially when they are bulky and they protrude. But if people want to buy them it is their money.

I'd agree with you there but how the fuck do you sew them on?
schalers ftw they are easy to install as long as you know how to hold a screwdriver and there isn't a chance in hell that will break. and all for just under £15 o and they are also a good selling point when you wanna get shot of your battered old trusty bass and get a sleek shiny new one
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
yeh thats wot i was talking about
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
lol i hadn't noticed, i just got these this past week after my strap came off and when my bass fell it broke my cable.
i buy them wenever i get a new bass cos last time my bass fell the neck cracked around the headstock
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
ok im interested in the plastic ones, what should i ask for? little plastic straplocks that dont need installation?
I'd agree with you there but how the fuck do you sew them on?

In the post above your's is a good picture. Look at the top of it, it has a little tab with a hole. Just sew around that. Make sure you used a thick needle (assuming you have a leather strap) and thick string or lots of string. No point in sewing it on if the string will break.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
i just realised, those plastic ones make it a pain in the arse to change straps. +1 to 'real' straplocks (ok, they're all straplocks, i can't think of a word to describe the metal permanent ones.)

so if you get schallers, you can install the buttons on all your guitars, and just have the locks on one strap. bargain. or if you then have 20 locks, you can have different straps and interchange. and suchlike.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Yeah, I gotta agree with the Schallers. Great locks. Keeps the 6 from unleashing itself all over some random victim when the gig gets good.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you